We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best location for older teens to be able to explore

HAMILTON, ONTARIO
Level Contributor
80 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
best location for older teens to be able to explore

Looking for a location that has best walking distance to more attractions, shopping etc.

Step Back Into Time
Gift & Speciality Shops, Antique Stores
Bijuju
Gift & Speciality Shops
Gay Dolphin Gift Cove
Gift & Speciality Shops
georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best location for older teens to be able to explore

Be sure to read other post questions about "walking distance". And please do be careful if walking especially at night, and NEVER alone. That said, you probably want to look at locations near the Boardwalk. At least in the neighborhood of 10th Ave South to 20th Ave North.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best location for older teens to be able to explore

I say walk NOWHERE with a South Ocean Blvd address and for sure never let young girls walk alone, I don't care if its day light. Not on the Blvd.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best location for older teens to be able to explore

First of all, the south end isn't a ghetto. The area from the upper teens down to 30th Aves S. is fine. I walked there often at all hours and felt perfectly safe, but I'm not a teenaged gal. As anywhere, teens need to stay in populated, well-lit areas areas, and never venture down empty streets.

Older teens are going to like downtown and the boardwalk area, so nana is correct about that area being a good choice, and there are plenty of places in that stretch your teens would enjoy. The main amusement area starts just below 3rd Ave S. Two popular oceanfront hotels in that area are Sandy Beach and Oceans One.

They will also probably want to hit Broadway at the Beach, which is inland between 21st & 29th Aves. N. Even if you're staying in that area, best to drop them off and pick them up.

If they're true mallaholics, the other two are Coastal Grand in the (gasp!) south end, and Barefoot Landing, which is between MB and North MB.

Coastal Grand is a typical indoor mall (think rainy day), while the other two are unique sprawling outdoor venues with water features and lots to do.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,497 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best location for older teens to be able to explore

Take a look at Camelot, The Breakers and The Caribbean. The first 2 are closer to the attractions but I prefer the accomodations and location of The Caribbean. They are all fine resorts with ample water amenities and will allow you to walk to the Piers, Skywheel, Ripley's, The Boardwalk, Sling Shot, etc. Also they will place you a very short ride to Broadway at the Beach(1.3 Miles). I am not a big fan of the area on the southern end of the Boardwalk around Family Kingdom,however, once you go further south it is better but then you are not within walking distance to the attractions. Good luck

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
5. Re: best location for older teens to be able to explore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 18:15