We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about Myrtle Beach?

New York
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Topic
What about Myrtle Beach?

My husband and I are looking for a Caribbean vacation for our little family over Spring break - and I just got an email about hotels in MB. We have never been, and I am in the very early stages of possibly re-thinking our plans and trying MB!

We have two small kids (1 and 3), and would like to have direct access to the beach, and good pools for kids - I have read a few places talk about water parks within their resorts - that would great too!

I would like a kitchen - or at least microwave and fridge...but a free breakfast would be amazing!

What can you tell me? Where do you suggest? The email I got advertised Landmark and Seawatch resorts - so that is as far as I have gotten.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What about Myrtle Beach?

I suggest reading the reviews here on tripadvisor! You'll find a resort that fits your needs. We traveled with a 1 and 3yo last Fall (early Sept) and had a great time. Weather is perfect and it wasn't crowded since schools were back in. We stayed at Caribbean Resort and Villas in a 3bedroom condo and loved it! I highly suggest using vrbo.com to rent your condo. Most of the resorts you read reviews on also have private owners, and they will rent them thru vrbo or a few other sites. But I like that because you see the exact room you will be staying in. But again, you should have no problem finding a resort with great water amenities for your kids, and a decent breakfast! Not sure I'd give up a caribbean vacation for MB though! (as much as we loved MB!)

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What about Myrtle Beach?

As long as you realize the beach and ocean won't resemble the Caribbean, and it will be more crowded, MB would certainly be cheaper, even if you fly.

And they both have palm trees... (;<D)

Many of the larger ocean front hotels have extensive water amenities and kitchenettes.

Spend some time reading the forum and checking out the hotels here, including the reviews (a few bad comments doesn't mean much, just average them out).

Your kids would like Landmark, and it's a great value, but be advised it's an older property Compass Cove would be another good choice in that area.

Know nothing about Seawatch, sorry.

Dunes Village is really nice with two indoor water parks. Embassy Suites has a good outdoor one, also Sand Dunes. Also check out Breakers, Caribbean, etc....all good choices for your kids ages.

Edited: 08 March 2012, 13:20
New York
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What about Myrtle Beach?

Thank you for the replies! I will spend some time reading reviews later today! I had no idea about renting from a private owner through VRBO...thanks for that advice! I will try to narrow it down, and then check that out!

I know it won't be the Caribbean - but with two littles, and cost - it might be our best option.

I also saw the aquarium, and childrens museum are nearby...

4. Re: What about Myrtle Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 15:41