We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wheather in mid-April?

New York
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Topic
Wheather in mid-April?

Thinking of coming in mid-April for spring break with my two young kids (1 and 3), is it warm enough for the beach and swimming?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,086 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wheather in mid-April?

Weather should be in the upper 60's to 70's for highs. It may be a little warmer or a little cooler. Many places have heated outdoor pools so you may be able to swim in them. The ocea will still be cold. There will be people in it but it is to cold for me.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wheather in mid-April?

Many resorts have great indoor and outdoor pools. The ocean may still be a little cool but this winter has been much warmer so uit may be a few degrees higher then normal. It probably will be fine to stay on the beach and let the little ones get their feet wet. The air temp should be great.

New York
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wheather in mid-April?

Awesome! I was hoping that would be the answer I got!

Another weird question - with the resorts that are right on the beach...you can walk over to the beach right in front of the hotel for beach time right? I guess so, but the hotels that I have looked at don't really say that?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wheather in mid-April?

Yes you will be able to enjoy the beach right in front of the resort. Depending on when you are going and where you are staying in may get a little crowded but you should love MB.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wheather in mid-April?

We were there in mid to late April last year as well as 3 years ago. The 1st time was about 80 in the day & low 60's at night. Beautiful! Last year was slightly cooler & very windy, but we still had pleasant enough weather. Ocean temp is just plain cold :) but good for walking on the beach or playing in the sand. Make sure there is an indoor and/or heated pool wherever you are going if the kids like to swim.

6. Re: Wheather in mid-April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:15