We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

If anyone is looking for a different perspective of the MB area, I highly recommend the Coastal Kayaking tour offered Mondays by Huntington Beach State Park, from April through October. It's a 2-hour guided trip in Murrells Inlet, accompanied by a park naturalist who provides commentary on the environment and answers questions. It's easy kayaking, with all equipment provided, and requires no previous kayaking experience. We've taken family friends from 7 to 73, and everyone has thoroughly enjoyed it. It's worth checking out... www.southcarolinaparks.com/products/10002638

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

Oops, my bad...

It just feels like April. It's been pointed out to me that the kayak tours have already begun, and are offered March through October. Sorry 'bout that.

south dakota
Level Contributor
438 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

Is this a relaxing kayak tour? I tried kayaking once and it didn't go well, I kept going in circles!

Ulster Park, New...
Level Contributor
360 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

That sounds fantastic. Thank you very much for the tip!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

PawleysDude, the MB tourism TV commercial, which just began airing, shows several scenes of people kayaking. In fact, it's common to see scenes like that in many tourism and SUV commercials. Even coastal real estate sales brochures can't resist luring buyers with visions of you and your loved ones paddling into the sunset....

I would have to think this generates interest in the activity, and what better introduction than a guided eco-tour like this. Like the Dude says, It can be fun for all ages, educational, relaxing, and a wonderful way to view wildlife and see scenery up close you wont have access to any other way. And parents, what a great way to bond with your kids for a few hours. I have several friends (besides myself!) who did one of these excursions and loved it enough to buy their own boats.

And valmypal, give it another try sometime, quite likely it was the boat, not you. Most recreational kayaks are easy to paddle with minimal instruction, but the whitewater ones don't like to go in a straight line.

south dakota
Level Contributor
438 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I want to try this!

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

You're right Daddio, it's a great experience. We have our own boats, but when company is in town who are interested, it's easier and no more expensive to do the tour than to try to rent boats. Besides, the naturalist adds an awfully lot to the experience.

7. Re: A Unique Myrtle Beach Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:41