We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it true...Bay Watch

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Va
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is it true...Bay Watch

...if you don't rent from the hotel/condo directly , you get 2nd hand service? We looked into Condo Lux who has great prices ($1000 for a week for 3 bedroom, 3 bath)...then after reading trip reports, there was such differences between the experiences of those who booked directly thru Bay Watch and those who used other sources. A VERY clear, distinctive difference as there was SUCH contrast in teh FABULOUS reviews of those who booked directly and the HORRIBLE time of those who did not. Bay Watch directly charges DOUBLE $1985 for the SAME unit, the SAME week...any insight on this?

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it true...Bay Watch

I've never stayed at Baywatch but I seriously doubt it. The amenities are there for all guests to enjoy; the condo cleaning crew gets paid to clean each condo and to supply clean linens and most offer extra cleaning for extra cost. Some units will have better ammenities than others and often one can get a good opinion of a unit by the experiences of others. I've found that for some of the nicer complexes the problems aren't with the condo or the complex at all but only with the rental company. Then some weeks a renter rents a condo and something happen like a waching machine gives out, or a dishwasher gives out or a child locks himself in a bedroom and can't open the door, etc. That type of thing happens at home too and if you get in touch with the rental company or on site office, they'll replace or fix the washing machine within a day. I have not dealt with all the reality companies but I can tell you that Grand Strand Resorts www.northmyrtlebeach.com and Century 21 Thomas century21thomas are 2 good ones. Bay Watch looks very nice too.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it true...Bay Watch

We stayed at the Baywatch resort last summer. We rented from a friend of our who owns a unit. We did not use the maid service, nor have to check in at the front desk etc. because we rented through a private owner. I do know that there were several different cleaning services there on a daily basis to clean certain rooms. I think eat condo owner hires there own cleaners of choice and/or the realty companys do this too. If we ever had a problem we were advised not to ask the front desk, but to call the owner who we rented from. In my observations I do think you get different levels of service depending on who you rented from.