We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Topic
Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

A group of Friends and I are looking to go to the Mrytle Beach area this summer. Were not too familiar with the area (We normally stay in NC) and want to find a place that isn't too well populated and we can get a little seclusion, but is still close enough to find some restaurants and bars with a short walk or drive. I've looked a bit at South Side or maybe Garden City Beach. Any ideas? Some help would be great!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

The south end of Myrtle Beach is quieter - the closer you are to Myrtle Beach State Park, the quieter it is. Garden City would also be a good choice. Again, the closer you are to the south end (on Murrell's Inlet), the quieter it will be (less through traffic). You might also look at North Central Myrtle Beach (the area around Beach Colony/Dunes Village resorts. Surrounded by residential areas on both sides along the ocean. Are you looking for a resort condo or a house? Oceanfront a must?

How far south are you willing to go? Litchfield and Pawley's Island are more residential and secluded and have bars and restaurants along Highway 17.

Edited: 19 March 2012, 18:07
North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

I'd suggest the Cherry Grove section of North Myrtle or south of Myrtle to Surfside or Garden City.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,975 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

The far north end of Myrtle Beach is great. Look at Carolina Winds or Grande Shores. These are the last two hotels at this end of the beach...then its just residential for a long way. They are just a couple of blocks from Food Lion, and many resturants and stores. Great location. I just think too far south like you were looking is...well, too far south. You will always be driving north to go somewhere (except Murrells Inlet or Pawleys Island) Central or north end of MB is just more convenient. IMO

southern ontario
Level Contributor
931 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

Garden City and Surfside Beaches are both lovely and close enough to pop into MB when you want to shop etc.

There are lots of restaurants to choose from.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
12 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

Lake Arrowhead Rd/ Arcadian Dunes section. You're close to everything, but its without the traffic. There's a few hotels down on shore dr. Like Sands Dunes Club, Kingston Plantation or Maisons-Sur-Mer. Mostly this is a residential area.

6. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 13:34
Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

I would not consider the Lake Arrowhead Rd. area traffic free in the summer.The 2 major roads leading out of this area are jammed with traffic.One road goes past the Tanger Outlets and Walmart and the other passes by the Galleria Shopping Center.The lines of traffic waiting to get out onto 17 in the summer can be very long.

Tend to agree with ncpat. The area between 55th ave. N. and 76th is quiet and centrally located to all the major attractions. About 4 miles from Broadway At The Beach and 8 miles from Barefoot Landing.

Sandusky
Level Contributor
71 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

We've stayed in the Lake Arrowhead area several times and never found traffic to be an issue. Sure, at peak times people will be driving to eat and shop but that is typical of most areas around MB. That being said, you should also consider this area. second row condos are a short walk to the beach and the complexes are quite.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

I am specifically talking about the two lights at the intersections of Hgwy 17. In the summer between 4:30 and 7:30 I have found them to be a horror and I avoid them at all cost.

That short walk you talk about from the 2nd row condos can be quite a chore with kids, blankets, umbrellas ,coolers etc.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Quieter places in Myrtle Beach?

Can anyone advise about Savannah Shores???