We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Screened in Balcony?

Wells, ME
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Screened in Balcony?

Hi,

Does anyone know of any accomodations on the beach that have screened in balcony's?

Thanks.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Screened in Balcony?

The only way you will get a screened in balcoby is if you rent a condo and not at a resort or hotel. The bugs that not bad at all at MB on the ocean. That constant breeze keeps them away is that is what you are worried about.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Screened in Balcony?

Thats right, the bugs won't bug you. And a screen can really distort your view of the ocean too. You will find some screened balconies at privately owned condos...often 2nd row and on back. At Ocean Keyes where we stay...there are a lot of those.

Wells, ME
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Screened in Balcony?

Thanks for your replies, our concern is really for 5-6yos climbing. Perhaps we will find a ground floor unit.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Screened in Balcony?

That yould probaby be your best bet.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Screened in Balcony?

All the screen-in balconies I have seen..none of them would be safe for a climbing child! They are meant to keep the bugs out...not the children in! Yes, get a ground floor unit...and a loud NO to your children!!

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
418 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Screened in Balcony?

Agree with that, if you can't keep your child from climbing please do not trust a screen to hold them in. Even on a ground floor I wouldnt let my child on a balcony unattended. They could still get hurt or lost. Keep them inside with the door locked.

7. Re: Screened in Balcony?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 13:34
New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Screened in Balcony?

True blue. No solicitation please. Your post will get deleted.

9. Re: Screened in Balcony?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 April 2013, 10:21