We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

CT
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

We're staying central MB and playing most of our golf to the south in two weeks. We've loved Crab Catchers in Little River in the past but we aren't near there this year.

Between MB and Pawley's Island, where can we find great/fresh seafood, specifically grouper and oysters, really cold beer and friendly service? We couldn't care less what the place looks like and the less touristy the better.

Thanks all.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

You won't find better, fresher seafood than Russell's in Murrells Inlet. It's casual, laid-back, and friendly. Russell Vereen's family has been in the Murrells Inlet seafood business forever, and the restaurant is filled with photos from the "good ole days" down here. I've never had their oysters, but I've never had a bad meal there, and there are very few places where I can say that. Check out their reviews - tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d14…

Edited: 03 April 2012, 15:07
2. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 13:34
3. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2012, 13:34
Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

Any place in Murrell's Inlet will have great seafood. It is dubbed 'seafood capitol of the world.' However, my favorite place there is Drunken Jack's. It has awesome fresh, local fish. Every entree comes with an all you can eat salad bar. The view of the Inlet is outstanding. Lee's Inlet Kitchen and Flo's are also very good.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

All of the above named are good. Drunken Jacks is my favorite as I enjoy the view and think they have the crispest salad bar around. Russells and Lees are also good. I would add the Inlet Crab House for good food and it comes closer , IMO , to the "dive" description that Gary Fiero (sp) would use.

Edited: 04 April 2012, 13:21
Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

Take Pawleysdude's advice...I Just ate at Russell's last weekend. The first soft-shelled crabs of the season had just arrived, so I welcomed them with an open mouth. Simply incredible. My wife had fried oysters, and they were just as awesome. The servers are amazingly knowledgable about the menu and seafood in general, and Russell himself will personally check on you to be sure everything's okay.

You won't go wrong here.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

I second Russell's. Mmmmmmmm..........

urbanspoon.com/r/229/1099374/restaurant/Myrt…

CT
Level Contributor
100 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

Thanks all. Any other recommendations would also be appreciated.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

Not a seafood place, per se, but if you're down around Pawleys and lookin' for a place to eat and relax, I recommend Quigley's. It's laid back, with a casual, "locals" atmosphere, and their own microbrewery. The food is good, not expensive, and they do a killer blackened mahi taco. If you have any chili connoisseurs in your group, they make the best I've ever eaten. Oh yeah, did I mention they make their own beer?

http://www.pintandplate.com/

Brookneal, Virginia
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for a great seafood "dive" south of MB

Another vote for Drunken Jacks... ;)

Get there early, and don't be discouraged if you have a wait...

Just go on back to their bar by the Marsh Walk, have some popcorn and a pina colada, enjoy the live music and before you know it your table will be ready...

Love the Marsh Walk!

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations