We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike riding on board walk

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
Bike riding on board walk

Hi never been to myrtle beach Was gonna stay at tha admiral motor hotel it's next to the new board walk Was wondering if we should bother bringing our bikes along, didn't know if you could ride bikes on the board walk or if there was a good place to ride them close by Would appreciate any and all advise Thank You

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bike riding on board walk

If you are coming during the summer, I would leave the bikes home. That area gets pretty crowded and you are not allowed to ride on the boardwalk at that time

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bike riding on board walk

The Boardwalk in MB is not what you think...It is very short, less than a mile and very narrow in sections. Some parts less than three people can get by standing side by side. There is not a whole lot to it. If you thing Boardwalk as in Atlantic City, this is a far cry from that.

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bike riding on board walk

Sorry mean't to type: If you are thinking Boardwalk as in Atlantic City, this is a far cry from that.

Indiana
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bike riding on board walk

Thank you for your information, I was under the impression that the board walk was alot bigger This helps Thanks !!!!

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
913 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bike riding on board walk

Frankly...the Boardwalk, you will be over and done with it in about an hour....

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bike riding on board walk

If you like to ride your bikes, take them along. Many places to ride at Market Commons and there is an extensive bike path down througn Huntington Beach SP.

But if you plan to bike around central MB, you're going to encounter road rage....."how DARE you slow me down! Get the f*#%! outta my way!"

I would not recommend it for adults and you'd be crazy to let kids do it.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bike riding on board walk

Bikes would be fine before memorial day and after labor day but you will need to use lots of caution during the summer. There is a lot of traffic during the summer.

8. Re: Bike riding on board walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 14:40