We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in MB?

Charlotte, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in MB?

I am wanting to travel to Myrtle Beach in June. I will have a family including 3 teenagers. We want to have a large pool, and a lazy river. We would like to have a three bedroom. I have no idea where in Myrtle Beach to stay. I looked at North Beach Plantation!! 4000. dollars for a week!!!! I would like to have it at least half that. Can anyone help me? We like to be near everything because we will visit lots. We can't sit still. Tiki bar and pool music would be a plus. Any help will be appreciated!!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in MB?

Try Beach Colony.Short drive to most attractions.Has pool,lazy river and tiki bar. Also indoor pool ,shuffle board and hand ball court..Get ocean front room.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in MB?

Try sea watch. Pretty central to everyhing, yet not in the thick of it so not as crowded. 8 pools, lazy river, tiki bar, etc. VRBO has some good units and def. less expensive than NBP.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in MB?

Try sea watch. Pretty central to everyhing, yet not in the thick of it so not as crowded. 8 pools, lazy river, tiki bar, etc. VRBO has some good units and def. less expensive than NBP.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in MB?

You have 3 teenagers and you would like to be near things. Take a look at the following resorts. Sandy beach, Dayton House, The Breakers, Camelot and my favorite which is the Caribbean. All will allow you to walk to many attractions including Skywheel, Boardwalk, Ripleys, Slingshot, Bars Piers,and restaurants. Breakers, Caribbean have nice tiki Bars and entertainment in season out by the pool. Sea Watch will not allow you to walk to anything and you would have to drive everywhere you go. It is a nice resort in a quieter section of MB.Good luck

Edited: 18 April 2012, 14:21
Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
925 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in MB?

Ditto with Lenk58, however with 3 teens I would certainly consider the Breakers first. It is a lot closer to the Boardwalk, Pier 14, restaurants, arcades, shopping, etc. The Breakers and the Carribean are owned and managed by the same company so the properties and about the same. The Carribean is the last large resort before a large stretch of a residential section hits, so the beach up in that area is less crowded and quietier, which can be a good thing. At the Breakers, that is pretty much "in the heart of it all".

Charlotte, Tennessee
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in MB?

We have found Royale Palms Hilton for a very reasonable price. Can anyone tell me about this place? What do you think? I have read sme reviews. I am not sure where it is in relation to town and i inderstand you must go to hilton for pools. Is this a really far journey? Thanks for your help.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,064 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in MB?

The location for Royale Palms is good....right between Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach. In reading the reviews there does seem to be an issue with the pools. Don't think I would be too happy about that. There are many other places to look at....Carribean, Ocean Reef, Long Bay, Breakers. Check those out. Good luck..have fun!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,436 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in MB?

I think Royale Palms has the best accomodations in MB. It will be somewhat of a ride to the boardwalk area and Broadway at the Beach, nothing in walking distance but plenty of pools and amenitiesit's a great place. It's connected to the Hilton but it is much nicer then the Hilton.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in MB?

I would have to say with teens unless you dont want them out and about or you dont want to drive every where all the time..... then check out the Breakers, Caribbean, Camelot and Dayton House all vithin waking distance to the boardwalk, skywheel, Ripleys Believe it or Not... haunted house, the Gay Dolphin gift shop and tons of other things bungy drop or toss whatever its called... in other words things the teens will like doing plus food lolol,..... Royal Palms you will be driving for anything... if you go with one of the others you are a whole 5 mins from Broadway at the Beach...

10. Re: where to stay in MB?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 15:15