We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

Look I get it almost nowhere down there lets you. But here's what were looking for.

-4-6 guests. Preferable 6.

-On the Beach (not across the street)

-In a central location near Ripley's believe it or not.

-Dates May 18th-21st

-Not somewhere super crappy (Bar Harbor, Polynesian, Ocean Plaza, Pointdexter)

-Preferable price is around 200 a night as a maximum. And we don't care about the fee for if we break anything's price.

Basically it's terribly upsetting that I and my friends are a year too young to the point that we have to stay at some awful hotel when we could stay at a nice resort that meets all of these things and more for even less of the cost. Please help us find somewhere that will be a nice place on the beach and will truly make a great vacation for us. Any suggestions or help. I have spent countless hours at trying to find somewhere and seemingly can't.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

Here's a great idea. Get your parents to rent the room and assume the liability. In SC, your being under 21 means that you cant legally enter a contract. So the landlord would have no recourse if you trash the place. They don't have a way to get to know you as the upstanding young citizen that you are - so get an adult to vouch for you by assuming legal responsibility.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

If your parents rent the room and only you and your firends show up you will be turned away at any place that does not rent to those under 21. The parents would either have to stay in the room or have another room in the hotel. Sorry but your choices are staying somewhere less than ideal or staying with your parents.

Columbus, Ohio...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

Parents are not an option.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

A hotel keeper has to protect his investment. If you aren't old enough to legally enter a contract, you'll have to settle for a place that's willing to take the risk. Many successful hotel managers at Myrtle Beach have been in business more than 21 years. They've seen more than you have.

Columbus, Ohio...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

Right I understand why. I really do. But you're not answering my question. So if you can I would really appreciate the help. But i'm not asking for reasons, or parents as an option. I'm trying to find the one place that will. Maybe it's an impossible task, but i'm going to try and stay at the nicest place I can get with those features that we're looking for.

Cedar Point, North...
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

You asked and people responded. Your only option is to find someone over 21 to rent the room and go with you, If that isn't possible then so be it.....

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

Age won't be the only factor to get you evicted-behavior will. And if you seem to not have the ability to keep your mouth shut even when the police arrive, then sorry for you! Pleading ignorance of the rental agreement does not help either. You are going to limited who will take a chance on renting to you and your friends, and probably not going to be North Beach Plantation.

Of course adults try to circumvent the law as well-like bringing their precious Fido that never barks or sheds-yeah right. OR worse, their cat! I am a cat lover but you CAN'T bring them, many people allergic and it just cost us $415 to clean carpets/furniture because someone brought their dog which was allowed and snuck in the cat which wasn't.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,815 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

See my post here for a list of places that may be willing to rent to you:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g54359-i25-k502460…

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

This might be a little diferent but have you looked into ocean front campsites either an RV rental and some have 1,2,3 and 4 bedrom villas for rent that really look nice. Arrowhead is a possibility. Check it out and see if that may be an available option.

canada
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Responsible 20 Year Olds Looking for a hotel in MB. Help?

We had some problems last year with a group of "responsible" 20 year olds.

They were smoking illegal drugs on their balcony so that neighbours had to keep their children inside. They also set the fire alarms off, kicked in the elevator door so it wouldn't work and fire department was called on both counts.

Also using lazer pointers on peoples faces in the pool area, from their balcony (like we couldn't count which floor they were standing on and which room it was).

Please don't stay at a family resort and ruin it for everyone else. They had one 21 year old renting the room with them - but he was out most of the time with his friends. Basically no supervision.

Pretty sure "responsible" 20 year olds are found in local libraries and not higher end beach resorts.