We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most reliable taxi/cab service?

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Most reliable taxi/cab service?

Planning on a trip and staying at the Camelot in October and visiting Broadway at The Beach. What is the most reliable taxi/cab service for pick-up and delivery of my somewhat drunk persona? I know I'm a short ways away from Broadway and will have a rental car but I do not know how long I will be at the Margaritaville or the other places and do not want any issues.

Cincinnati, Ohio
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

Even the best cab company can slow down if the calls start piling up. There's a method to ensure good service, but it costs. On your first cab ride, thank the driver and tell them that you definitely want to call them later, get the driver's name or driver number. This shows that you're serious about asking for them later. THEN TIP THEM VERY WELL. At this point, many drivers will give you their cell number, and come running when you call them at the end of your night out. The only flaw in this method is if the driver is going off-shift.

Just like waiters and waitresses, taxi drivers love to find a good tipper. The rules will be bent to accommodate a good tipper.

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

That was going to be my idea but is there one particular cab/taxi service who is reliable in the area?

Myrtle Beach, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

Beach Taxi are pretty reliable. 843-484-0101

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

thanks

Wake Forest, NC
Level Contributor
939 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

Just make sure before you get in that you have cash or that they take plastic....

Ask them up front....Some only take cash....Made that mistake once.

Huntersville, North...
Destination Expert
for Huntersville
Level Contributor
595 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

There will be cabs lined up in the evenings at BATB. We always pile into the 1st one in line and have never had a problem. Always have a good driver that cuts up and jokes with us.

Utica, Michigan
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

Where do the cabs normally line up, is there a dedicated spot?

8. Re: Most reliable taxi/cab service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 23:15