We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southern fried chicken?

upstate NY
Level Contributor
260 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
southern fried chicken?

I'm in MB and want good southern fried chicken(I'm a northern boy). Any suggestions? I do not need anyplace fancy or expensive. Please help.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: southern fried chicken?

Take a ride up to North Myrtle Beach at the intersection of 27th Ave. South and North Kings Highway. You will run into a gas station that sells fried chicken as well as other fried foods. Some of the best chicken I have had, no kidding. I'm with you, for some reason the less fancy it is the better tasting it ends up being.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: southern fried chicken?

http://www.southernsuppers.com/

This is a buffet with southern style and sea foods. They have always had fried chicken when I was there...

South Carolina
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: southern fried chicken?

Maryland Fried Chicken at 10th - avoid the fries go for the tots. Not fancy but great chicken

Kentucky
Level Contributor
444 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: southern fried chicken?

Southern Suppers is a good place. Also you may want to try Prosser's in Murrel's Inlet. Best buffet for the money that I have found. About $13 and drink included.

Ontario
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: southern fried chicken?

On Sea Mountain Hwy. in Cherry Grove is a little place called The Shack. It is all home style comfort food and I love their fried chicken. The best part is the price!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,645 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: southern fried chicken?

Bob T,

I haven't been to Prosser's. What is on their buffet and are they open for lunch?

I may have to try it this year!

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: southern fried chicken?

IMO, Prosser's is the best deal at the beach. Lunch is their busiest time. They're open for lunch until 2pm, so if you can time it between 1-2, it's a little less busy. Regardless, the buffet line moves quickly.

We rarely do the dinner buffet, but the lunch buffet includes some of the best bbq we've found around here, fried chicken, a fried fish or shrimp, and usually a baked or roasted chicken. There's a variety of Southern cooked veggies - greens, sweet potatos, rice & gravy, chicken pileau, green beans, etc. There's a basic salad bar, along with a simple dessert, frequently banana pudding. It's a place you don't want to miss. Check out their reviews: tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g54358-d43…

Toronto
Level Contributor
352 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: southern fried chicken?

The place PantherFan mentions is called Dodge's Fried Chicken and I agree it's very tasty. We often order their hot wings when we stay at Seaside Resort.

Another good place is Magnolia's at 26th Ave. N. in Myrtle Beach across from Anderson resort. They have it on the lunch buffet.

Third place would be Big KT's BBQ which is also near Seaside on Hwy. 17 north of the Dodge's outlet in North MB.

Kevin

Toronto

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: southern fried chicken?

I am still looking, haven't found "great" fried chicken yet. Bojangles is as close as i can get, Those other places serve fried greasie chicken, not so much. If I want good chicken I have to make it. Most of the restaurants around here cater to the northern crowd, there is no bacon grease in the vegetables, little salt, most of the food here can not be considered 'southern' IMO.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: southern fried chicken?

Hey hart! Hadn't heard from ya' in awhile. Thought you might have finally made it back to God's country. I'm telling you, you need to make the drive down to Prosser's. These folks know how to cook. Even their bbq is pretty good, an extremely rare thing to find in this neck of the woods.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations