We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do they spray for mosquitos

East Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Do they spray for mosquitos

Just wondering like I was saying in my first post,that I go to the Outer Banks every year.need a change of pace and after reading lots of info on here I will be coming down to the garden city area now I am looking forward to the visit.so just wondering if the cities spray like they do at the Outer Banks.one more question can I find alligator at local restaurants for lunch.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

I know that the city of Myrtle Beach operates a spray truck and I THINK that Garden City does also, but not sure. I do not remember seeing alligator on the menus where we like to eat, but I was not looking specifically for that. I was not impressed with the alligator that we ate once in Florida and have just never re ordered.

Defiance, OH
Level Contributor
272 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

Personally, I have never had even one mosquito bite in the trips I have been on. I think its a little to windy for them, especially in the evenings if you are right on the ocean. We usually get eaten up here in Ohio on summer evenings without some sort of repellent. I did however almost get stung by a jelly fish after stranding our rented jet ski in shallow water on a dolphin tour :) I will be on the lookout for rolling light pink balls in the ocean rather than mosquitos.

Edited: 06 June 2012, 23:43
Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

As long as you are on the ocean you will be fine. Now in the afternoons if you wander over a few blocks from the ocean without a breeze will be another story.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

We were visiting some friends in North Myrtle Beach in May, and the spray truck came through their neighborhood while we were there. But, they are about a mile back from the beach right next to a golf course. If I get a mosquito bite, it swells up really bad and I seem to be a target for them. Several years ago, we stayed at a place about 2 blocks back from the beach and it had a yard, which was nice. However, at dusk, I had to walk quickly to get inside, because the mosquitos were terrible there. I never saw a spray truck in all the years we stayed there.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

On the beach I find the biting flies to be much worse than mosquitos.

NJ
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

Usually too breezy on the beach to be an issue. But inland and particularly around areas with bushes and standing water like the Putt-Putts can be brutal.

Smiths Falls, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

I recently visited for the fourth time, on the first full day I experienced discomfort and tightness in my chest and arms. I have a adverse reaction to Succinylcholine (muscle relaxers) have also been warned to stay away from insecticides, I am missing enzymes in my blood to break down these chemicals. We cut our trip short and returned home and still have the same symptoms which come and go in waves. Have had extensive testing at the doctor and emergency department and they find nothing wrong. Can you advise what is in the spray what symptoms a person may have and what to do to counteract them.

Greensboro, North...
Destination Expert
for Isle of Palms, Edisto Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
6,051 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

If I needed that information, I think I'd consult a doctor.

9. Re: Do they spray for mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations