We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Compass Cove location question

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
545 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Compass Cove location question

What part of Myrtle Beach is Compass Cove in ? I like the look of the hotel,especially the outdoor waterpark area for my 2 1/2 yr old. I don't mind if it's somewhat busy area- I just don't go for too much of that party kind of atmosphere anymore(we typically vacation in outerbanks ,nc and sanibel island ,fl to give you an idea however we chose Myrtle Beach to try to give our son some more activities and chance to meet playmates at pool-he gets bored now with just mom and dad). Is this a good fit for us? I need a condo style 1-2 BR's and a really cool outdoor toddler pool area is important. Also, we don't mind driving to attractions as long as there is adequate parking,ie: Barefoot Landing ,Mulletts INlet. We will be going in mid-later Sept. Thanks for any feedback.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
775 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Compass Cove location question

Well, MB is a known family destination beach. The party scene, if any usually is around spring break and we are not talking anything like a Canucun or Jersey Shore type of atmosphere. The Compass Cove seems to be a popular choice among many as I have read, never staying there. For you little ones age look at Dunes Village also as they have a great indoor, open air water park great for his or her age. Also, lot of families stay at the Dunes Village so I'm sure the little one will interact with someone.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Compass Cove location question

Compass Cove is located in the area that we prefer to stay in. It is the at the southern end of Ocean Blvd. It is far enough away from everything that you won't be bothered but it is just a shorts drive up the road to everything.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Compass Cove location question

Compass Cove has very good water facilities and is a highly rated resort. It's only my opinion but I am not a big fan of the area around Family Kuingdom and south. I am not saying anything is wrong but it is not as nice as the area from 21st North to Dunes Village thru Island Vista and the Caravelle all the way up to Kingston Plantation and the Sea Watch. I like all of those areas and for different reasons. When you move thru the southern area of MB you see more run down buildings and homes. I do think that some of that would have been addressed with newer facilities until the RE market crashed in 2006- 2007.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Compass Cove location question

The only argument I have with lenk's summation of the "south end" is that it can't be lumped into a singular area. The further south, the better it gets. CC is pretty far south, 23rd-24th Ave. S, and that's a far cry from the low number Aves. Google it.....it's a family friendly area, IMO.

CC is a great value if water amenities are high on your list of priorities.

We've stayed there often, and while I like the north end too, I've never had a problem with this part of the south end.

Mount Airy, North...
Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Compass Cove location question

I have never stayed at Compass Cove, but we always stay at Holiday Sands South Beach Condos, which is right beside Compass Cove. That area of MB is quieter than the downtown area. Also, Compass Cove has onsite parking which is great, it sucks to have to cross the road! I think you will enjoy Compass Cove, the area is very family friendly and MB has so much to offer that you will never tackle all the sights and sounds in a week!

6. Re: Compass Cove location question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:17