We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break 2013

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
419 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break 2013

My husband and I are looking to take our son and his friend to MB during their Spring Break next April 1-6. I had picked out Atlantica and was going to pay the deposit when I read somewhere that the parking is 2 blocks away? Is that true and would it really be a big deal? I've been looking around again and would like to stay in that general area near everything. Since it's early in April, it shouldn't be too busy. We stayed at Compass Cove last year and it was too far South. I would like to stay around $600, which is what Atlantica will cost for 5 nights. If anyone can give some insight, I would appreciate it.

I have tried to look at the hotels around that area, but many don't have rates yet and its just over 9 months out. Any idea when they will be out?

I have also tried VRBO and while they are somewhat cheaper, once you add in cleaning fees, they are not all that cheap.

Thanks in advance!

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
419 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break 2013

Anyone?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break 2013

Since you would like the area nearer attractions and on a budget look at the following. Dayton House, Camelot, Best Western and Holiday Inn Pavilion. Good luck

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
419 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break 2013

Their rates aren't out yet for any of those hotels. I think I want to book Atlantica but not so much if parking is really 2 blocks away. Could that be overflow parking? Anyone know when rates might be coming out.

I've tried several private owners on VRBO and Homeaway but nobody replies...

Edited: 18 June 2012, 20:49
Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break 2013

If their rates are not out yet online then call and speak with someone. A lot of times they may go ahead and book it over the phone.

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
419 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break 2013

I have Atlanticas rates which is where I wanted to stay. I had a question about their parking. I posted this on another site and the admin actually drove there, took a picture of the parking and went inside and asked about the parking. Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated!! I am sticking with Atlantica and will book as soon as I can get my dates squared away exactly. Thanks!

6. Re: Spring Break 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 05:42
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach