We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

pittsburgh
2 posts
Save Topic
I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

I'm looking for a hotel about 45 minutes from Myrtle to stay the night before we can check into our condo for the week. Any suggestions on areas??

Thanks!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

Well, that depends on your final route, which in turn will depend on the time of year, weekday/weekend, and condo location.

If you would consider a somewhat longer next day drive, there are plenty of inexpensive motels along 95 in southern NC. Lumberton has a lot of options, this is where some wisitors exit. From there, some take I40E to Wilmington, a decent sized town about 1-1/4 north of MB.

If you're planning to take 501E, there are not many options along it until you start coming into west Conway...this might be your best bet if you want your next day drive to be 45 minutes or less.

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

Would you consider going the 45 minutes and making it in to MB? You may be able to find a hotel off beach for one night and just have to drive a few blocks to your condo. Like mentioned above, what route are you taking down to MB? It will help in seeing what your options are.

By the Beach, USA
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

What is your price point for the room?

Pittsburgh...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

Check around Dillon, SC. It's right off of I-95

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
275 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

There are lots of places on 501 in Conway. If you are coming from Pittsburgh you can avoid the traffic on I-95. Take 79 to Rt 19 to Beckley to

I-77 winston-salem/greensboro and so on...

6. Re: I'm driving from Pittsburgh.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach