We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from WV

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clarksburg, West...
2 posts
Save Topic
Traveling from WV

Where is the best area to stop when traveling from WV to Myrtle? We are traveling with children and are not sure exactly how long we are going to be able to make it. We would prefer to stop about 2 hours from Myrtle and then drive in the next morning.

Also, what is the best route to drive?

Thanks so much!

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,284 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from WV

Take I-77 south to just across NC border, merge left onto I-73/74 toward Mt. Airy...get on Rt. 52 to WInston-Salem, get on I-40 toward Greensboro, getting on Rt. 220 all the way to Rockingham. In R'ham, get on I-74..follow that to Chadbourn, NC....then get on Rt. 410 to 701 to Rt. 9. Stay on 9 to North Myrtle...or get on Hwy 31 to Myrtle Beach (depends on where you are staying.

Rockingham area would be good stop over.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from WV

Sent you amessage........

Clarksburg, West...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from WV

Thank you so much for all of your help. It will definitely help. We are leaving this afternoon, so, hope all goes well!

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,905 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from WV

Just wanted to add that there are plenty of hotels all along the route beachlady gave you. In Winston-Salem/Greensboro, you're about 4 hours from the beach. Asheboro is about 3 hours, and Rockingham/Laurinburg is about 2 hours away. So take your pick where you want to stay.

5. Re: Traveling from WV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:46