We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Scenic Golf Course?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
133 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Most Scenic Golf Course?

We are thinking of playing a higher end course such as TPC MB, Tidewater, one of the Barefoot courses. What would be, in your opinion, the most scenic course in the area? Ocean views would be great, but not required, just looking for a great round when i come down in september.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Scenic Golf Course?

So many beautiful courses. For me, the Dunes will always be the most scenic. Long Bay Club is certainly unique with the mounds and waste bunkers, and Myrtlewood will always be famous for being the first on the Intercoastal Waterway. But, the Dunes was always the "exclusive" club in Myrtle Beach and what I think is the best view on the Grand Strand.

Toronto
Level Contributor
285 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Scenic Golf Course?

I think Tidewater and Rivers Edge are the two most scenic I have played with water views. The Dunes is right there as well.

Hudson
Level Contributor
445 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Most Scenic Golf Course?

River's Edge is my favorite. Challenging course. Great views.

Designed by Arnold Palmer. Pictures of the course on the web site.

Located in Shallotte, NC which is about 30 minutes north of NMB.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most Scenic Golf Course?

The Dunes Club is the only course with a view of the ocean.You can see the ocean from the 9th green and 10th tee.IMO holes 9 thru 13 are the best stretch of golf on the whole Grand Strand.Taking into account its history and tradition( 7 Senior PGA Tour chanpionships held there) and the conditioning of the course along with some great scenery I consider it the best course on the Strand

As far as scenery being the biggest factor here are more choices.

Rivers Edge, Tidewater,Oyster Bay all have many marsh holes.

The Pearl East and Glen Dorrnach have some scenic holes.

The Witch plays thru thick woods,ponds and swamps.

Down the southern end Caledonia,True Blue and Pawleys Plantation all have some beautiful holes.

Here would be my choices 1.Dunes Club 2. Tidewater 3.Caledonia 4.Toss-up Oyster Bay and Rivers Edge.

Keep in mind Caledonia has no driving range.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,677 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most Scenic Golf Course?

If your driving down and going anywhere close to Ashboro N.C. consider stopping and playing Tot Hill Farms.Its 3.5 hrs. from Myrtle and it will not disappoint..

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
211 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most Scenic Golf Course?

Rivers Edge and Caledonia are esthetically amazing courses, Caledonia with more of a "low country" feel because of the spanish moss. Play the Dunes and you won't be dissappointed with anything - course, service, atmosphere. If you can only play one of the Barefoot courses play the Dye - sure its hard but the prettiest of the 4.

7. Re: Most Scenic Golf Course?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:16