We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

Montreal
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

Hi everyone!

It's our first time to Myrtle Beach and I'm a little nervous about the reviews on Paradise Resort (and the pictures). Has anyone stayed there before? I'm worried that the 2 bedroom condo may not have enough space for us as one bedroom is for a family of 4 (including a baby and a tween) and the other is for my in-laws.

My other concern is how far is the local Walmart/Target so that we could pick up some groceries etc. I'm also wondering, given our location, what you would recommend re restaurants and attractions. Any assistance is much appreicated.

Triangle Area, NC
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

Stayed at Paradise Resort at least 4 times. The only problems we've really had was once when the beds in the condo we stayed in were really hard. There is usually a sofa bed in the living area so your tween could possibly sleep there. We've been with 6 people before with no problems. Parking in the deck is tight, so if you have an SUV, keep that in mind. There is also a parking lot right across the street.

WalMart is not close and I'm not even sure where Target is, if there is one. For food, Food Lion is close and there is a K-Mart much closer than Walmart.

Broadway at the Beach is close for shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Personally, I won't miss it if I never go there again. You can pick up restaurant guides everywhere when you get there. Also, do a search on this site. There are tons of restaurant reviews.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

We stayed there this past March. It is real nice. Our beds were comfortable in our room. There is a Wal Mart and Target less than 10 miles up the road. Take hwy 17 south and take a right on hwy 544. Wal Mart is about a mile or so on your left and Target is right past it under the bridge on the right.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
39 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

Hiya! Stayed there last year and thought it was nice. They have a restuarant there that at the resort that we thought was really good. There are tons of dinning options within a 15 minute drive. Check the reviews on this siite.

The only thing i didn't care for about paradise was the main pool was kinda small however they let you use the pool area at their sister property (a short walk away) and it has numerous pools and waterslides.

Have safe and fun trip.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

Yeah, you can also use the amenities at Compass Cove is you stay at the Paradise. It is just a few hotel down.

Montreal
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

Thank you all for your helpful comments! Has anyone visited the outlets and is it worth going? Which sites did you enjoy?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

Just returned from a weekend at Paradise Resort. Wound up going to my doctor and getting a tetanus shot today, after a weekend full of bed bugs. So, no I wouldn't stay there as the place is positively infested. Terribly noisy as well, very dated interior and exterior. 4 elevators for 19 floors....However, I could overlook this if the room had been CLEAN.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

The outlets are good if you are are in need of need clothes or pretty much for that matter. If you are a AAA member go to the info kiosk there and you can get a free coupon book.

8. Re: Things to see and do near Paradise Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 04:15