We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best buffet for Crab Legs AND Prime Rib?

Dunlap, Tennessee
Level Contributor
67 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Best buffet for Crab Legs AND Prime Rib?

By the time we arrive next month, I may have had my fill of Snow and King Crab Legs, but have read of some buffets that also offer Prime Rib. I know it's important to get it 'fresh' and the quality will not likely be as good as a regular steakhouse like Outback or Longhorn, etc

We are probably going to try Rioz, based on a recommendation of a new acquaintance, who says it is better tha either Texas de Brazil or Fago de Chao. We've been to both of those and loved them.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best buffet for Crab Legs AND Prime Rib?

By the time the Rioz wait staff gets done with you, you quite possibly won't need red meat on your plate for quite a while.

Sounds as if you already understand why it's hard to find memorable prime rib at a buffet. We go to them for seafood, but for steaks and chops, there's just too many better choices.

Dunlap, Tennessee
Level Contributor
67 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best buffet for Crab Legs AND Prime Rib?

Yes, going to a Brazilian CHURRASCARIA is a complete Meat Orgy! The first time we went I felt like I ate over 3 pounds of steak for sure, much of it Filet Mignon.( They don't have prime rib tho. ) Definately had to make use of the RED CHIP to slow down the pile up on my plate. LOL. The Salad Bar at both Fogo de Chao and Texas de Brazil were amazing and too tempting to ignore. If RIOZ is as good, I'll be very happy. If they had Crab Legs, I'd not set foot in a mega Seafood Buffet Restaurant, but it seems like Original Benjamins is the overalll consensus pick , with Crabby Mikes getting a slight nod for better crab legs.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best buffet for Crab Legs AND Prime Rib?

Not a fan of buffets because of the quality and having the food picked through and sitting in warming trays. With that being said you will not find any King Crab legs at any all you can eeat buffet but you will find snow crab.

wash dc
Level Contributor
9 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best buffet for Crab Legs AND Prime Rib?

Crabby Mike's is good if you want alot of crab legs. May not be choice king crab but you can get your moneys worth if you like them. Plus you get the extras!

5. Re: Best buffet for Crab Legs AND Prime Rib?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations