We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach without college students

Would like to visit Myrtle Beach for the 1st time and hope to go over spring bring. Don't need to be with a bunch of college students.... we're a family of 4... kids are 9 and 14. Are we going to be overwhelmed with the number of college kids? Is April a prime time to hit the beach?

Newark, Ohio
Level Contributor
89 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach without college students

I think you will be fine. Im sure there might be some college kids there but not many. They tend to go further south where it's warmer. MB can still be rather chilly in April at times so I dont think college kids will be a problem for you. Hope you have a great time!!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,357 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach without college students

The majority of properties here have a minimum age rental policy due to past experience with students. At our resort it is 23, some go as high as 25. Just inquire as to the policy at whatever choice accommodations you select.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach without college students

Like the first poster said, most college students tend to head further south for warmer weather. AND...most college breaks are not around Easter break like school age kids are. They tend to be in mid to late March.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach without college students

We went in April for 20 years and never had an issue with college students.

Went last year in April as well and no college crowds. Really it's not a big college crowd destination. They are looking for much hotter weather than MB has that time of year.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
172 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach without college students

Do yourself a favor and find out when the Gettysburg, PA college week is! We spent a week down there last May at the Long Bay Resort and it was full of Gettysburg College students - I have never in my life seen more rude, loud, uncouth people! They trashed the LBR - wrecks closing the parking garage and pool area, beer cans and clothing left everywhere, rib bones all over the patio areas. It was horrible! And the noise! Ugh! After my complaints, the LBR mgr told me by phone they wouldn't be allowing that college back...but I see the reviews from this May and people had the same problems!

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle Beach without college students

You can try Forest Dunes.It is located in a peaceful residential section of Myrtle Beach.Large rooms and family oriented.

7. Re: Myrtle Beach without college students

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2013, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations