We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafood Restaurant Question

NJ
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Seafood Restaurant Question

My husband aked me to post this for him. Does anyone know of any seafood restaurants in the Myrtle Beach area that serve good clam dishes? Not looking for buffets, but rather a sit down dinner.

Morgantown, West...
Destination Expert
for Morgantown
Level Contributor
1,621 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seafood Restaurant Question

We're really fond of Duffy Street Seafood Shack, and their steamed little neck clams (local clams) are outstanding. Everything I've ever had at Duffy Street is excellent: http://www.duffyst.com/

They have three locations, with the original being on Duffy Street, just off of Sea Mountain Highway in Cherry Grove. It truly is a shack. The second is on Main Street in North Myrtle Beach. The third is our favorite location, and it is on restaurant row near the entrance to the Conway bypass. It's a great location with a huge dining room with views of a lake and a golf course.

9924 North Kings Highway

Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

843-449-2233

It's a "throw your peanuts on the floor" kind of place, but it's family friendly and is our favorite.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,697 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seafood Restaurant Question

I agree with Duffys! Never had a bad meal there....my son loves the fried clams!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,821 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seafood Restaurant Question

We've never had a bad meal at Duffy's either (Cherry Grove location), EXCEPT for the fried clams. IMO, the fried clams are average at best. Steamed clams are great. Depends if your husband wants fried or steamed, as to me, the fried tastes like they came from the grocer's freezer. I will say, their fried and raw oysters are fantastic.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 15:50
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
41 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seafood Restaurant Question

Rockefeller's in North Myrtle for steamed clams. Key West Crazy on the waterfront in Little River for whole bellied fried clams.

5. Re: Seafood Restaurant Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach