We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
8 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

Is there a fireworks show that you can see from the beach or do you have to travel somewhere?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

There are several fireworks shows from the various piers then, as well as at Broadway and at Barefoot.

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
1 post
367 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

Cherry Grove pier, second avenue pier both have shows. Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the beach usually have them as well.

In my opinion the beach is the place to be!

We usually get an oceanfront condo and either sit on the balcony or wander out on the beach. The cool part is that you can watch the display, then shortly afterwards, people start shooting their own all up and down the beach!

Mentioned in this post
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,460 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

Is there fireworks at any other time in the summer?

New Haven...
Level Contributor
41 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

SC sells the really big fireworks but are they legal to shoot off? Here in CT we can't shoot anything bigger than a firecracker or Roman candle

Xenia, Ohio
Level Contributor
422 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

I doubt they are legal. I did see in NMB they were illegal, most places are. Doesn't mean people listen ;)

We bought a large package last week on our way out of NMB. Much cheaper than they are in Ohio.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,976 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

They're illegal but like alcohol, if you don't go overboard and cause trouble, little will be said. Carry two or three items to beach and set them off you won't raise too many eyebrows. Bang, bang....Disappear into the dark....

Carry large box out onto beach and spend 20-30 minutes putting on a "show". Pretty good chance somebody will get upset and headlights will be seen driving down the beach looking for you.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
12 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

Setting off fireworks on the beach is def not allowed and I saw two groups get citations last year. I wouldnt risk it, like I would alcohol.

Best shows are Cherry Grove Pier and the Second Ave Pier by far not even close. You can just grab a seat on the beach or boardwalk with your family and relax and enjoy the show.

Broadway does do a show, but as a local I would never waste my time going out there. Its way too crowded and not worth the trouble at all.

Mentioned in this post
Cherry Grove Pier
Cherry Grove Pier
469 Reviews
North Myrtle Beach, SC
8. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 23:35
Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

does Apache pier do a fireworks show? Ill be at the embassy suites and dont really want to leave and deal with crowds and traffic. it would be nice to just go to the beach in front of my hotel and have a nice show.

Mentioned in this post
Apache Pier
Apache Pier
249 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4th of July fireworks in Myrtle Beach

does Apache pier do a fireworks show? Ill be at the embassy suites and dont really want to leave and deal with crowds and traffic. it would be nice to just go to the beach in front of my hotel and have a nice show.

Mentioned in this post
Apache Pier
Apache Pier
249 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC