We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation last week in October

Boston...
5 posts
Save Topic
vacation last week in October

We never been to Myrtle beach, we are staying in Hampton Inn.

Any suggestions on good , reasonable food and things to do? Thanks.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation last week in October

You need to help us help you. Which Hampton Inn? There are 6 or 7 in the general area. What do you like to do - cultural, party, bar hop, outdoorsy? Add some details and you'll get some good advice.

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation last week in October

I like good reasonable seafood, cultural, outdoorsy. As for hotel it is ocean front,, don't know exactly which one. I would like to see the area too, that's why we are renting a car.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vacation last week in October

Most of these are a little South of where you're staying, but well worth the short drive...

Murrells Inlet "The Seafood Capital of SC" can't be beat for good fresh, reasonable seafood. Our favorite is Russell's - very casual, reasonably priced, and delicious. Almost every nite, Russell will stop by your table to chat and check on your meal. Good stuff. After dinner, be sure to stroll along the MarshWalk for great views of the Inlet and live music most nites. http://marshwalk.com/

Brookgreen Gardens is a world-class sculpture garden located in Murrells Inlet. It's a little pricey but your tix are good for 7 days. It's a quiet, relaxing place in a beautiful Lowcountry setting. http://www.brookgreen.org/

Huntington Beach State Park - IMO, the best beach in the MB area. A nice educational center, Atalaya Castle, excellent guided tours, etc. In October, the beaches will be almost deserted. southcarolinaparks.com/huntingtonbeach/intro…

Georgetown - If you have a day to spend, drive on down to Georgetown, the third oldest settlement in SC. Front Street has a variety of small shops, excellent restaurants, several museums, etc.

Broadway at the Beach - A large complex of shops, entertainment, restaurants, etc. Not really my cup of tea, but it's worth at least one visit if you've never been there. http://www.broadwayatthebeach.com/

Y'all have fun!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vacation last week in October

I completely agree with PawleysDude.

If you are doing multiple seafood days in Murrells Inlet, I would suggest trying Lee's Inlet Kitchen and Drunken Jacks. Inlet Affairs may have restarted their Sunday Brunch which my family also enjoys greatly! (They don't offer it during summer months.)

Have a great vacation!

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: vacation last week in October

Thanks a lot

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vacation last week in October

Check out the link on the left side of this page:

"Things to Do"

Lots of great info.

Boston...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: vacation last week in October

Thank you very much everybody.

8. Re: vacation last week in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach