We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

jc tenn
Level Contributor
553 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

I'm slowing learning more about the area by reading from all of these posts! I would like the amenities similar to the Sea Mist for kids, in a non-crowded area. The "kiddie pool" at the Sea Mist looks perfect for my young children (small slides, shallow water, etc.), but the area would be too chaotic for us. Does such a place exist - and if so, where?

TIA,

KC

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

Myrtle Beach is a popular destination and depending on when you go, it most likely will be crowded.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

Depends too on the time of year you are visiting....Coral Beach is also very kid ffriendly, with alot of things to do, a bit of a scaled down version of Sea Mist (and alot nicer!)

The Sand Dunes/Ocean Dunes also has a really neat waterpark area for the kids. They are located more towards the north end of Myrtle Beach...in the Avenues area...not quite as hecitc in that area...but still busy.

:)

jc tenn
Level Contributor
553 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

Thanks for replying. The waterpark at the Sand/Ocean Dunes looks great - but my kids are young for it (and not swimmers yet).

Is the Coral Beach out of the busy area?

KC

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

Coral Beach is right next door to Sea Mist. THe traffic anit bad during the day. Late at night maybe starting around 10 younger people ride up and down Ocean Blvd but it still anit that bad then!!!

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
296 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

Did you look at the Kingston Plantation Embassy Suites, condos and/or Hilton? The Splash waterpark looks nice for younger children.

NC
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

I'd suggest May or September if thinner crowds are important and both are a great time to be there.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
810 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Great amenities for young kids in non-crowded area?

I also suggest the Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation.

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach