We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in January?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Binghamton, New York
1 post
Save Topic
What to do in January?

My husband and I will be in MB Jan. 19 - 25. We have only been in the spring and summer in the past. What is there to do in Jan. besides walk on the beach and swim in the indoor pools?!

Thanks!

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
194 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in January?

My husband and I arrived on Jan 1st and we have found that the lack of crowds is delightful, You can go to any restaurant and not have to wait. Shopping at Tanger Outlets or Barefoot Landing is so much more enjoyable when you're just one of a few people in any given store (although we did find that more than a few stores at Barefoot are closed right now). We've just enjoyed a stretch of record breaking warm days, so we were able to go to the beach and lay out and enjoy the sun. We've commented more than once that this is a great time of year to be here if you're not a "crowds" person!

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in January?

Other than outdoor amusements and somedowntown attractions and restaurants being closed, you can do a lot of the same things. Perfect time to dine at the popular places you can hardly get into in the summer. Day trips, visits to the shopping meccas, Market Commons, state parks, etc.

We are normally there this month, and regret our absence even more hearing about the recent warm weather. On nice days, we love going to Brookgreen Gardens, Huntington Beach SP and the Marshwalk in Murrells Inlet.

Hopefully the weather will hold out for you, it's always anyone's guess what Jan. & Feb. will be like.

3. Re: What to do in January?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach