We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

timeshares

CT
Level Contributor
673 posts
Save Topic
timeshares

Which is a good timeshare to trade into thru RCI?

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: timeshares

Sheraton Broadway Plantation is a beautiful place, but while the location is ideal for shopping/nightlife, it's a mile or more from the beach.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: timeshares

Shorecrest 1 in North Myrtle Beach is a good location. You can walk to Hamburger Joes ( cheap bar drinks), Olive Garden and Joes Bar and Grille.Barefoot Landing is right across rt.17 and has many restaurants ,ALabama Theather and House of Blues.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: timeshares

My friend traded to Shorecrest and it was lovely. Keep in mind you may not get oceanfront but still a great property. Do ask when booking if that is important to you.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
455 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: timeshares

Plantation Resort Presidential Villas are nice. It's located in Surfside Beach area. Like some of the others it's not located on the beach, but has Lazy River, huge pool, big kiddie pool and splash play area. They run shuttles to beach about every 30 minutes. We never use the shuttles for the beach, but instead drive to the numerous public access spots in the area. Many of them have restrooms and wash off areas, so getting to and from the beach is no big deal. Quiet area and great location.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: timeshares

Would agree with Daddio.... we booked two great RCI swaps into Sheraton Broadway Plantation before their recent remodeling, after which they implemented a once-in-three-years trade-in policy. We'd have gone back there again by now, but it hasn't been long enough since our last stay with them. No, they're not on the beach, but they're very conveniently located for getting almost anywhere in the area you might want to go -- quick, easy drives to North Myrtle, Broadway at the Beach, the diinner shows, Surfside, and the beach itself. Units are recently remodeled -- on-site activities staff is excellent (even if your group is all adults -- great music trivia contests with restaurant gift-certificates as prizes) -- and the area is generally quiet at nighttime.... and they understand you when you say "no thanks" to their sales pitch !! We're ready to go back as soon as they;ll let us....

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: timeshares

The biggest attraction of the Myrtle Beach area is "the BEACH". Not golf,not shows,not night clubs it is by far and away the beach.

With that said I would not trade a timeshare week for an inland location when there is a beach front location available.Marriott,Wyndham and Bluegreen (Shorecrest 1) are all great ocean front properties.Taking a shuttle to the beach can get old quickly.

I remember when I first saw Sheraton Broaway Plantation about 10 or so years ago.It was very pretty,surrounded by thick pine tree forests.Since then they have knocked down most of the trees and IMO over-built.Very nice pool areas but they tend to get crowded.In an ocean front property the beach will help absorb the crowds.

If night clubbing is your main interest, the location is great with its close proximity to Broadway At The Beach.Otherwise I would try to get an oceanfront property.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: timeshares

Yes, the beach at MB is a main attraction for some folks.... On the other hand, there are folks like us who do not consider ourselves "beach" people -- not in the sense of spending hour after hour lying or sitting on the beach. And despite that, we've had a great time on our visits to MB.... the weather, the area, the numerous non-beach activities.... and, yes, even a thoroughly enjoyable stroll on the boardwalk on a couple of sunny days. If the beach is your major reason for going to MB, then a shorefront property is probably more suited to your expectations. But if you're going for the area and all it has to offer, an inland property with occasional beach visits may meet your needs just fine.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,676 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: timeshares

Actually golf is probably the main attraction for me followed by the beach.And I do agree with you that Sheraton works fine for some people and they can probably get more days for their points there than in an ocean front in Myrtle.

So to answer Suekaps question I would say Sheraton is a good option.But if she can get a swap for Marriot Ocean Watch,the Wyndym in North Myrtle or Shorecrest 1 that is a great option for a beach lover and someone who loves a great view from the balcony.

I have stayed at or visited all of these properties so I have some knowledge with which to make this reccomendation.

9. Re: timeshares

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2014, 07:18