We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Douglassville...
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Can anyone tell me the names of resorts that have water parks in them which would be included if renting through an owner?

I'm getting kind of frustrated because every time I find a condo that I'm interested in renting at a resort that I want to go to, it seems that the waterpark is not included.

I believe Dunes Village would be included, however, Dunes is a little over my price point.

THANKS!!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Dunes is included. The waterpark at The Embassy Suites in Kingston Plantation is not. If you are looking for resorts with fgood water features take a look at Compass Cove, The Caribbean, Breakers, Sea Watch. This may suit your needs even though they don't have waterparks.

Mentioned in this post
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

I know that at Kingston Plantation some of the owners that have listings on TripAdvisor (FlipKey) and VRBO advertise that they provide access to the water park and hotel pools. From what I understand, these owners are also on the Kingston rental program. Be sure to confirm that before you rent with them because if they are not, you will not be allowed to use these amenities.

Mentioned in this post
Kingston
Kingston
Ontario, Canada
Douglassville...
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Thanks, Lenk58. You referred me to Caribbean a few weeks ago and it's still high on top of my list, just trying to narrow things down a bit. Also, I should add that I need to rent a 3 Bedroom unit. I don't believe Compass Cove has 3 bedrooms...is that right?

Douglassville...
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Yes, I've checked with a few and who say that the splashpark and fitness center are included however, the price is always so much higher and for that price, I want to be Oceanfront.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Compass Cover has oceanfront 3 bedroom condos. We've stayed in one and it was lovely. check their website.

Edited: 13 February 2013, 21:47
Douglassville...
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

okay, thanks! I will check it out :)

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Highly recommend CC as well but if you stay in their condos you will walk a lot just to get to the beach. Into the elevator thru breezy garage and then finally in front of the pools. This time we are planning to rent from private owner at Caribbean Resort. We choose this resort because their condo hallways are all enclosed in glass and there is less to walk down to the pool area. This resort is a little bit more in price but is much cleaner, better kept in shape and has better ocean front views then looking down at the roof of Schooner Bldg (no matter how high you are) then Compass Cove. You will have great time at CC, their pools are Awesome and it is spread out but it lack cleanliness.

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Also to add, if you rent from private owner at CC or Caribbean you still will be able to enjoy all of the pool amenities. The only thing you do not receive is daily maid service, which is fine with us. If you never stayed in MB the maids will change your bed linens after 3rd day of stay, not before that. I have stayed in many different rooms at CC and the best maid service received was by maid Esperanza who was assigned to the 15th floor at CC (Mariner Bldg). We've tried Schooner Bldg as well and upon check in the room did not look clean at all. It was filthy!!! What a first impression that was?? Switching to Caribbean this year. Good Luck and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Douglassville...
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Thanks a bunch for your info, HON4E! I greatly appreciate it. Even though I've narrowed down my choices to just three, I still can't decide!! I'm almost completely sold on the caribbean because the price is right on target with my budget, however, I have 2 concerns... and maybe you can help with one of them. I've read some reviews that the walls are thin... I worry about that because my husband is a very sensitive sleeper and if we encounter lots of noise while we are trying to sleep, our vacation will go downhill..fast..lol!

Also, I know the Sea captain's house is right next door, but I sort of wanted an onsite restaurant and/or bar..... I dont think this is a dealbreaker though for the caribbean. Just can't make my mind up!

At compass cove resort are most of the 3 bedroom units farther away from the beach then...even if renting thru vrbo

Patti

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Resorts w/ waterpark incld - when renting through an owner

Patti,

I never experienced any noise coming from other condo units or even 2 bedroom Queen bed suites at CC. The best advice would be to invest in some ear plugs, the least expensive are at Walmart, box of 5 with small carrying case is $1.79 (purple color ones). I wear them all the time since I have become a light sleeper and it tunes out most of the noise. I take these everywhere along with an eye mask and my comfy memory foam pillow. lol

There is only one 2 Bedroom Condo Ocean View Unit on 15th Floor at Mariner Bldg thru VRBO- Not so great reviews and the rest are situated in Pinnacle Bldg- I think most of those are king or 2 Bedroom Queen Rooms. One of them had some great reviews and I even got in touch with the owner for a quote. All the condo units are in Mariner Bldg, which has the best accommodations and are nestled right behind the garage. As you exit your condo you will have to take the elevator down to 1st floor, walk thru a busy garage -approx 500 feet (cars going in/out all the time) and breezy hallways (at least in April), pass the Schooner Bldg and then enter the pool area. To me that was a hassle since I had to carry my toddler and watch my 5 yr old so she does not get ran over by a car all while carrying beach items/chairs. It was a mess. The only good thing is that the garage is attached to the condo units as opposed to across the street at Caribbean. The other plus was the restaurant onsite but we really only used it few times while at the pool so that is not a deal breaker for us. We prefer to eat in since we have a full kitchen. The pools were nice-not clean most of the time- due to floating dead bugs, leaves etc, resort very energetic and it does not feel crowded since you have all these extra pool amenities. It does lack cleanliness and an upscale appeal that I prefer. The best heated pools are the outside lazy river and indoor pool at Schooner Bldg. The rest were a little bit cool to me and the kids area was always breezy and water temp was cold so we avoided that area most of the time.

Last year I decided to drive down to Caribbean Resort and check it out. It was clean, upscale, beautiful clean water park, nice comfy lounge chairs throughout and expansive indoor heated pool area. My friends usually stay at Caribbean and have been very happy with their experience each year. What I liked was that the hallways are enclosed -only in Cayman Tower and that you do not have to walk much just to get to the pools as compared to CC. The beach is closer too and you have beautiful ocean front views instead of that roof top overhang from Schooner Bldg. The only negative or hassle would be the garage and maybe lack of onsite restaurant??? As you said at least there is Sea Captains next door. I am not sure if the tiki bar at Caribbean is only open during season-may to sept or all the time? I would assume from march-on, depending on weather? Caribbean is also the last resort on the strip so it is not as congested as at CC. I hope this helps???

Boba

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach