We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

New York
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Topic
Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

I am online right now reading the massive amounts of reviews, and price comparing. Any help you can offer to shorten this list of hotels (or add one if I have missed a good one).

- We will be staying March 26-April 2

- 2 kids ages 2 and 4

- Need a kitchen to cook most meals

- Want beach walking distance for at least sand play (and maybe water)

- Not trying to be impressed with the best hotel (we have only stayed at Coral beach once, and it was perfectly fine for us)

- Wanting good indoor kids features (pool, water park, slides, play areas, etc) for if weather isn't super warm

Looking at the following:

Compass Cove

Landmark

Dunes Village

Caribbean

Long Bay

Sea Crest

Ocean Reef

Captains Quarters

Sea Mist

Caravelle

Crown Reef

Coral Beach

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY INPUT!!!!

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

My vote is for either Caribbean, Coral or Dunes

I like the Caribbean, specifically the "jamican" building because its not a massive tower and its in a nice walkable area.

Coral and dunes though have some great pool areas.

Douglassville...
Level Contributor
146 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

Hi Jessica,

I'm also getting ready to book and will be traveling with a 4 year old. my list is narrowed down to Dunes village, the caribbean and compass cove :)

New York
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

Thanks for the replies!

My list has shortened for various reasons to:

Dunes Village

Sea Crest

Landmark

Coral Beach

Still comparing, and reading reviews!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

For what you listed above and specifically the indoor water stuff, I would go with Dunes Village. I think the majority of things at Dunes are great for your kids at that age.

New York
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

Went with Sea Crest - and feel great about it - half the price of Dunes, and we will be happy I am quite sure!

Thanks for your help!

Defiance, OH
Level Contributor
272 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

The seacrest is great, we have stayed the last three years and the only complaints we have are parking across the street, although there is free parking on the Hotel Blue side if you can get lucky to find a spot. Also dont expect peace and quiet, but for me I like lively loud vacations because I live in a small town where nothing happens. The rooms are all renovated as well, and we have stayed in three differeent ones...a side room, an ocean front, and a suite. They were all clean and I felt as comfy as I would be at home. Here is a video of our first trip, you will be able to see the water park and the part of the beach you will be at :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuVLNV3XEMw

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

I think you will have a great vacation at Seacrest.

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
81 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

Dunes Village is one of the nicest resorts in Myrtle Beach -- also has the absolute best indoor water features that your kids would love.

Hotel Blue would be the last resort in Myrtle Beach that I'd recommend to you.

Haven't stayed in Sea Crest, so I can't offer any real experience regarding that resort.

Good luck and have fun!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

I have stayed at both and Sea crest does not compare to Dunes Village. The location, accomodations and facilities are much superior at Dunes. Of course the price is higher but you do get what you pay for.

10. Re: Would like to book today (2/16) any help would be so great!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations