We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

Hi,

I was wondering about taking a trip to Myrtle Beach during the week of Thanskgiving and wanted to know what the weather normally is during mid-to-late November. (Please do not just say "cold" or "warm", give temps. I come from up north and in November, for me, it is normally around 20-30 degrees.)

Also, what are some good activities for families? I was looking at mini-golf, go karts, and possibly crabbing?

Thanks so much!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

Average high temps in Myrtle Beach are about 69 in November and 60 in Deccember. Average lows are 45 in November and 37 in December. The week of Thanksgiving should be somewhere between those two.

As for family activities, many of the mini-golf places are open. Can't say about the go-karts. The boardwalk and sky wheel are open. Many of the resorts have heated indoor pools. Some heat their outdoor pools as well. People fish in the surf and from the fishing piers all year round. Many, many activities at that time of year for families. What does your family like to do?

Michigan
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

Thanks for your reply!

The younger ones like fishing, swimming, shelling, and more sport-like activities. Us parents like relaxing, walking through gardens, and just lying on the beach. Most of the kids do like things like bumper cars, but CANNOT stand roller coasters!

Again, thanks for all your help! :-)

Michigan
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

I forgot to add that we love things like bowling and mini-golf.

Edited: 04 March 2013, 00:18
georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

Won't be good weather to lay on the beach in November, but OK for walking etc. There is a bowling alley on Bus 17 just before Surfside and a smaller one in Inlet Square Mall. Since you state gardens....Brookgreen Gardens is a good daytrip and if I remember right, the pass is good for a week. As said above, pier fishing goes on all the time (fishing...can't say much for catching then)

Michigan
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

Alright, thanks so much!!!!!

6. Re: Myrtle Beach in November: Weather and activities to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 05:17