We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach Map

Miller City, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach Map

Someone had posted in one of these forums a website for an interactive map of Myrtle Beach. You are able to move the "camera" down 60 miles of beach and zoom in and out to see hotels, streets and other attractions around the area. I thought it was myrtlebeachskycam.com but that is not coming up. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,351 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

You can always do it on google earth, but I am sure there is a simpler way. I too have read about it but never done it.

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

Try www.myrtlebeachskytour.com This site does not seem to be updated regularly. I'm not sure how old the map is.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

Bing maps has a "birds eye" view that is decent but the resolution is only good in certain orientations for different parts of the strand. In birds eye view if you click on the arrows around the compass you can change the orientation of the view until you get decent resolution (if it's available for that area). You may find that being one or two clicks out from maximum zoom helps too in some cases. bing.com/maps/…

Google maps has street view which is like a virtual drive up and down the street. Zoom into to where you can see the streets well enough (map or satellite view) and then grab the little orange stick man above the zoom bar and drag him to a location on a street you want to view. If street view is available for that street it will turn blue as you pass over it. Drop the stick man on the blue street and street view will open. In the lower right corner you will see an orientation indicator that shows which direction you are looking on the map. You can click on the navigation arrows on the bottom of the map image to move in small increments or you can use your pointer to make larger jumps to any point that the pointer looks like a circle. http://maps.google.com/

Kentucky
Level Contributor
433 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

I enjoy using the map and traveling down the streets of the Grand Strand. Especially enjoy going down business 17 and Ocean Blvd. and looking at all the familiar restaurants and hotels.

Miller City, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

Thanks for the info everyone!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,550 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

Cool link PawleysDude,

But, scrolling to the left shows the pavilion still standing, so it must not be updated for several years...lol

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

Yeah, Mike, I'm afraid it's a "one and done" website. He's probably more concerned about selling ad space than offering a helpful website. It would be a neat visual resource if he would bother to update it every year or two.

8. Re: Myrtle Beach Map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:18