We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

webbville ky
3 posts
Save Topic
Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

Hi we are a family of 5 with three toddlers coming to myrtle beach around the 12th of may. We was wondering if its warm around this time and if you can get in the ocean. We really wanna lay on the beach and tan but im not sure if we can do that around may 12th?

webbville ky
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

I just realized thats bike week.. should i change our dates?

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

I personally would schedule something around bike week...its not nearly as wild and crazy as it used to be, but it would be better I think to go before or after that event.

As far as warmth, it will be pretty warm, upper 70s to mid 80s. Maybe a bit thunderstormy.

for the ocean, depends on how tolearant you are, I'm usually in it late april early may, its a bit chilly but still fun.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
518 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

You can do a forum search under "bike week" for a little more detail, but the stigma of harley week is largely overblown these days. For the most part they don't want trouble any more than you or I would. Other than the extra noise of unmuffled motorcycles you will be fine.

Temperature-wise winterface is correct: air temps around 80 give or take a couple degrees. Rule of thumb is the water temps average around ten degrees cooler.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

Bike week doesn't present any problem and shouldn't make you alter plans. You can layout and tan because the weather should be great. the Ocean is cool but you will see many people in it.

webbville ky
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

thanks so much everyone...i was just worried bc i have a special needs child and she is kinda scared of loud noises.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

Bike week is not what it used to be. I was in Myrtle Beach last year for Bike week and other than hearding bikes once in a while its not bad. As to the weather, you never know but May is normally very nice weather.

Hope you enjoy the trip.

7. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 26 April 2013, 01:35
8. Re: Family with three toddlers..is this a good time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 07:18