We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

So to expand on another thread for my own reference, we'll be arriving on Sunday coming into Myrtle Beach with an ETA between 2 and 3pm. Coming from the North and am wondering if I should just plug the hotel address into the GPS, or is there a preferred route once I get to a "certain point" as we get closer?

Thanks!

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
160 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

I just posted a route for you in your other thread, I'll re-post here with specifics for your hotel choice.

I have been told that the route I am about to share with you is not the fastest way into Myrtle Beach and according to Mapquest, it is about 13 minutes longer than their suggested route. However my wife and I have NO traffic problems and we have a very leisurely Saturday morning drive. We arrive in Myrtle before noon, having normally spent some time at South of the Border.

The route, I95 south to South of the Border, US 301 south for about 7 miles to SC route 9 south. Roughly 30 miles on SC route 9 to SC 410. Eleven miles on 410 and it turns into US 701. Two miles to SC 22 (expressway) in about 19 miles you will want to merge onto SC31 south for 6 miles to Robert Grissom Parkway. Six miles on parkway and turn left onto 21st Ave north.

Best wishes

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,401 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

Thanks much!

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

Another route to think about.

Jump off I 95 in NC. Exit 13. East on Route 74 to Chadbourne.

Top of ramp bear right onto RT 410. Runs straight through Chadbourne. Maybe one stoplight. Two at the most. Couple gas stations/fast food places for rest stop if needed.

Approx. 20-25 miles of straight 55-60 mph two lane to Tabor City. Stop sign. Right onto RT 701. Gas station right on state line for one last rest stop if needed.

Few miles on 701 to RT 9. RT 9 to Little River. RT 31 bears off to the right.

Rt 31 to Robert Grissom and then follow wtvideo's directions from there.

Might add.

Robert Grissom becomes Central Parkway as you drop down into residential section. If you see that on street signs you're still on right road.

At 29th you will see large shopping complex on the right. That will be Broadway at the Beach. Stoplight at far end of that block will be 21st.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,322 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

I prefer pops route to the one above.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

Hello from the other forum. I didn't mean to scare you with the references to Cape Cod :-) My point was that it is not possible to have thousands of people heading somewhere for a 3 - 4PM check in without a little congestion. In Myrtle Beach, there are more than two ways to access the area. Both of the routes above will be fine. There are others, too. Just watch your speed going through small towns. Folks that live in them pay their police officers to keep people going the correct speed. Have a wonderful trip!

6. Re: Driving to Breakers 2006 N Ocean Blvd?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 07:18