We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach Info Please

Lexington, Tennessee
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach Info Please

We will make our first trip Myrtle Beach the last week of June. My daughter will be attending a convention at the Sheraton Convention Center on North Oak Street; however, we do not want to stay there due to it not being oceanfront. We are looking for a nice oceanfront condo close to the Convention Center since that will be a daily commute. We need a 3 bedroom and will be traveling with 3 teenagers. I look forward to hearing your advice and recommendations.

Also, we love fresh seafood so any recommendations on restaurants is also appreciated.

Thank you!

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
819 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

The Caribbean or Breakers is ocean front and only a mile or so from the convention center. You are also near several places to eat including the Sea Captains House, which is very good. Not a far drive to Broadway at the Beach which offers lots of places to eat, shop, and entertain.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,568 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

Places to eat:

http://leesinletkitchen.com/

http://www.drunkenjacks.com/

http://www.russellsseafoodgrill.com/

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

Sailfish Resort, Schooner II Beach Club, and Camelot are all pretty much a straight shot (east) from the Convention Center. Also Best Western Carolinian Oceanfront is close and is highly recommended. Also look at Dayton House, Meridian Plaza, Anderson Ocean Club and Patricia Grande. It is very easy to drive around Myrtle Beach, so you don't necessarily have to go with the hotel closest to the convention center. Have fun!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

My favorite resort is the Caribbean,however, from The Breakers and Camelot you have a short walk of 2 blocks west. Check those because you and the teens will like the location and amenities and they offer many 3 bedroom condo's.

5. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 April 2013, 21:35
New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

Kimmie-PLEASE follow TA guidelines. No solicitation. Your post will likely quickly be removed.

Level Contributor
8 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

Its very easy to get around myrtle beach. I would try a nice condo. Island Vista and Royale Palms are great places to stay. I think youll be pleased with both and very happy with your stay. Check trip advisor for these 2 places and have a great trip.

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
584 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

If I understand correctly, you will be in MB the last full week in June 2013? This is true peak season! I would make my lodging decision and move forward as resorts mentioned are very popular and begin to book early in 2013 for peak season. Royal Palms is a very nice complex, but located in Myrtle Beach North which would require travel time. Best of luck and have a wonderful time.

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
584 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

Mom, I just reviewed Vacation Rentals By Owner (VRBO) and found three (3) very nice 3 bdrm 3 bath oceanfront units at Royale Palms. This is a very beautiful facility attached to the Hilton Hotel. Amenities are great. While it is about 8-10 miles north of The Sheraton, IMO this would be an ideal location considering the season. Very close to excellent restaurants, Outlet Mall, attractions. Again, best of luck.

New Hartford, New...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Myrtle Beach Info Please

With new limitations in place at Kingston Plantation guests who rent through VRBO are no longer allowed to utilize facilities within Kingston. This includes Hilton pools, RP pool, Embassy Suites pools and the Splash area. Their gestapo will be out in full force that week and if you and your family do not have a Hilton/Kingston issued wristband you will be forbidden to use anything. The only pools you will have access to are South Hampton and the handicapped pool near Margate/Windermere/Brighton. The only way to get a wristband is with a photo ID and proof you have rented directly through Kingston. So either book directly through Kingston/Hilton and pay dearly or go elsewhere. And if the homeowner tells you they can supply wristbands, they can't. Their new system is state of the art and their staff will be guarding the resort as if it were a prison. You can still use the health and sport club as they are not a part of the Kingston complex. That rate is still at $10 per day per guest.