We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather

Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather

We are coming to MB this Saturday for a week. The weather looks iffy so far, and def cooler then I thought it would be.. Please tell me it's nice in MB right now? I want to be able to walk on the beach, have my son build sand castles, and swim in our hotel pool.

Hilton Head, South...
Level Contributor
480 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather

We're def having a cooler than normal spring all up and down the SC coast, there's a slight chance of rain this weekend.

You'll def be able to walk on the beach though, sand castle building, no problem there either.

Swimming...may be iffy. I've been dipping my legs in but thats as brave as I've gotten, the kids have been jumping in though.

If its an indoor pool, then def no problem there, outside unheated, it may be pretty chilly.

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather

Last 10 days here definitely cooler than normal, strong winds today. Many people still on the beach, even a few in the water.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather

We're in MB right now vacationing. We've been here a week, leaving tomorrow. It's definitely been a different beach vacation for us. The weather has been high 60's and low, low 70's. Some days it actually rained the majority of the day, something we weren't used to at the beach. (not the usual rain showers than come and go fairly quickly) We had maybe 1-2 days of partly sunny weather. It's been WAY too cold for the ocean or pools that aren't heated. Heated pools are good, but we freeze getting in/out. One day I sat poolside in a capris and a black tshirt and I was still cold! Pants and a sweatshirt have been our clothing this week. So just plan accordingly. Hopefully it won't rain too much on you, but next week does look a little warmer. Mid to higher 70's. I'm not sure we will vacation this early in MB again, though.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather

Its really hit or miss. Last year we came down middle of March and the weather was mid 70's to 8o and it was fantastic. This year at the same time the weather was bad but we moved it to early April and again the weather was great. Sunny and warm everyday. Heading down again on the 11th and the forecast looks good so its a hit or miss time of year.

Springfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather

Am in Edisto and it's really windy....with temps in the 70's...bring a jacket!

Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather

It's warming up! Yay for sunshine!!!

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,353 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather

Today is good on the beach, but still a little windy. Forecast for tomorrow is rain again, then turning warmer and clear for a while. Shoud have good weather next week. Looking forward to that as we will be here about 2 more weeks.

8. Re: Weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:17