We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort for 12 year old

Columbia, Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Resort for 12 year old

Hello - We are going to Myrtle Beach with our 12 year old son in August. I can't decide on which resort to stay at that will have a lot of things for him to do besides just the beach. I've looked at Carribbean Resort, Landmark, Coral Beach, Beach Cove....Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort for 12 year old

I was going to suggest Coral Beach just by the title.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
519 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort for 12 year old

The only one I am familiar with is Landmark, and I can't exactly brag on it. They have good water amenities but it is an older property and its' age is starting to show. Not exactly in the best part of the strip either. If if staying on south beach doesn't matter to you I would look at Compass Cove or Paradise. (newer and nicer facilities for a decent rate) Have not stayed at Caribbean yet but they do get a lot of good reviews.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort for 12 year old

The Caribbean is the nicest one on your list and your child will love the water facilities and you will be able to walk to attractions and restaurants.

Columbia, Maryland
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort for 12 year old

Thanks for the suggestions!

Weston, Ohio...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort for 12 year old

Sand dunes resort

6. Re: Resort for 12 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 07:18