We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
greesnburgh pa
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

My friends and I are looking to go to myrtle beach this summer and I am not familiar with the area. I want to stay in a rental home or a resort very close to the boardwalk. I wouldn't mind walking a couple blocks but the closer the better. What are some good websites/places to look at that are near the boardwalk to rent? There will be around 6-8 of us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,354 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

The closest resort is Hoilday Inn Pavilion. Decent place nice tiki bar. about 1/2 mile north are Camelot and The Breakers. They will all allow you to walk to many bars, restaurants, etc

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,429 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

Bay View on the Boardwalk, Yatchsman, Sand Castle by the Pavillion and Sea Glass Tower are all very close to the boardwalk and get decent reviews. Type in those names in the "search" bar at the very top of this page. (where it says "city, hotel name, etc....")

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

I always stay at the Camelot. It is, in my opinion, the perfect location. You can walk to the boardwalk and many other places. But, you can also get back to your hotel in the evening without waiting in traffic forever.

Chesapeake, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

The Breakers, Dayton House, Camelot or the Anderson are all very close and you can definitely walk and enjoy the Boardwalk... You can also do the google map with the street view and see everything well 98% of everything lolol

North Myrtle Beach...
Level Contributor
81 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

Going to 2nd beachlady's recommendations and suggest you stay at either Bay View on the Boardwalk or the Yatchsman.

I've personally stayed at both resorts and definitely preferred Bay View for the value and it's unbeatable location directly on the Boardwalk. I was able to easily walk to everything and it had a Starbucks directly downstairs (great for hangovers) ;)

Pro tip: Do not book directly through the hotel. You'll save quite a bit of money by booking with a local rental agency or private owner. A simple Google search for "bay view resort condo rentals" should get you started in the right direction =)

6. Re: looking for a resort or beach house close to the boardwalk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 07:18