We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV parks

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Topic
RV parks

Anyone know if one of the RV parks closer to shopping? Also, can you rent a car from the park or are there golf cart rentals at any of the parks. Thanks for any help you can give. Thanks

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV parks

Shopping is all up and down US-17. Are you wanting to be in any specific location?

Although I can not be certain if all the RV Parks rent golf carts, you can find a golf cart rental places up and down US-17.

Car rentals may be found at the airport and there are several RV Parks directly south of the airport such as the following listed north (closest to the airport) to south:

www.myrtlebeachstatepark.net/camping.html

http://www.pirateland.com/

http://www.oceanlakes.com/

georgia
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,296 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV parks

Lakewood Campground is between Pirateland and Ocean Lakes. Cart rentals are available at he public campgrounds, I think not at the state park camping areas.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RV parks

Thanks for catching Lakewood Campground, nanajayne!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: RV parks

Thanks for the info. I was hoping to be able to use a golf cart for shopping or walk.

Don't really want to drag a car down and don't want to drive the rv around either so being close to shopping would help.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RV parks

In order to see the attractions in the MB area, one does need a car.

If you are just there for the beach, then I would suggest staying at the southern most camping area listed, Ocean Lakes.

There are several options within 2 miles from there on both US-17 and Dick Pond Road (SR-544).

This thread talks about places in relation to Ocean Lakes: tripadvisor.com/…49346205

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RV parks

If you stay at Lakewood, you can not take the rental carts out of the park. I would call Graham's golf carts in myrtle beach and ask them if they have rentals that you are allowed to take on the road.

7. Re: RV parks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 05:15