We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Hospitality

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington
Level Contributor
519 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Southern Hospitality

Last night, our last at the beach, we were in Murrell's Inlet for dinner and then a trip to the Marsh Walk for music. Departing Flo's after dinner we immediately noticed driving that one of our tires was low. Quick detour to a gas station on Route 17 and ... we had a flat. We were staying in Myrtle Beach itself, so it would be quite a drive back.

A nice guy stopped with his son, introduced himself as a Georgetown volunteer firefighter. He said he noticed us pulling across the road with a flat tire. He asked if he could help as he had a tire repair kit in his truck.

Not only did he remove the nail in our tire and fix/plug the hole, but would not accept anything for his help. We "donated" $20 to his son for ice cream money (nice to see the smile on the son's face).

Without his help we would have probably been delayed a day coming home and would have had to call for emergency road assistance.

Such a pleasure to run into nice and caring people. We didn't get his name, but if anyone knows a Georgetown volunteer firefighter that lives in Sandy Plains let him know we are thankful for his kindness.

LSH
Alburgh, Vermont
Level Contributor
620 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southern Hospitality

Nice!

southern ontario
Level Contributor
904 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southern Hospitality

Wow!

Pawleys Island SC
Destination Expert
for Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Southern Hospitality

Great story, thank you for sharing it. The folks in Georgetown are some of the warmest and friendliest people we've ever met. When visiting MB, I highly recommend spending part of a day browsing the small shops, restaurants and ice cream parlors along Georgetown's Front Street. It's a wonderful way to relax and escape the MB crowds for a little while. You won't regret it!

Kiawah Island...
Destination Expert
for Kiawah Island, Charleston
Level Contributor
8,909 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southern Hospitality

Like!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Southern Hospitality

Nice story!

Hemingway, South...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Southern Hospitality

You are welcome I love helping anyone when I can. My name is Edsel Moore and I work for Georgetown County FIRE/EMS...

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Southern Hospitality

:)

Washington
Level Contributor
519 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Southern Hospitality

Love the power of Facebook/Trip Advisor! Thank you, Edsel, for your assistance. Your help was truly appreciated. You also showed a great lesson to your little boy.

Annapolis, MD
Level Contributor
711 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Southern Hospitality

Great role-model-moment for your son ! Thanks Edsel, I wish everyone had your spirit !

Clemmons, North...
Destination Expert
for North Carolina, Winston Salem
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Southern Hospitality

Awesome thread! :)

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations