We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

Was looking at the Dunes Village Resort and Carribbean Resort & Villas. Can anyone give advice on those resorts or if I should look at different resorts. Any feedback would be great. Also would love to know if the surrounding areas by these resorts are nice and how parking is.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

Both are in nice areas of MB in fact they are 1.5 miles apart on Ocean Blvd. If you have young children they probably will enjoy Dunes Village more if the children are older above 12 or 13 then the Caribbean may be a better bet. From the Caribbean you are able to walk to many restaurants, attractions like the Boardwalk, free Concerts, Piers, Skywheel, Ripleys, Slingshot,etc. They are both nice resorts the parking at Dunes can be 1 block away if you are in the south tower and is directly across the street at The Caribbean

New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

Kids ages are 10, 6, 3 and 2

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
575 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

Some idea of "kid friendly"????? water slides, splash park, kiddie pool, ?????? Another option might be Kingston Plantation, a gated resort community, located in Myrtle Beach North. Further away from some attractions, but very close to restaurant row, outlet malls, Barefoot At Park, etc.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,341 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

They would love Dunes and you are a very short drive from so many attractions. I really liked Kingston Palntation but you are further removed.

New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

Kid friendly meaning indoor pools, outdoor pools, clean, safe location, decent parking, etc.

Carrollton, GA
Level Contributor
575 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

I have never stayed at the Dunes Village, so, I have no first-hand experience. I read many of the reviews on TripAdviser. They ranged from excellent to terrible. The only negative common thread seems to be parking. Hopefully, someone else can better address parking. Two years ago, our niece, her husband, and their three children ages 10, 8, and 4 stayed there. She said it was OK, nothing exceptional. However, it does appear to have the kid friendly amenities you described. Depending on your timeframe and budget, another option might be The Royale Palms condo complex which is attached to the Hilton Hotel. It is located at the north end of Kingston Plantation. Little something there for all ages. Hope you have a great vacation.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
509 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

First choice would probably be Dunes Village,depends on the rates maybe, but you can pretty much flip a coin between the two. Either way I don't think you'd be disappointed.

toronto
Level Contributor
52 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

Myrtle Beach Resort is great for the kids, We have been going there for 3 years and there is lots to do. Numerous pools, lazy river, arcade, tennis and a Beach Bar/Restaurant. It is a gated community and is very safe.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

I agree that Myrtle Beach Resort is ideal for the kids. They'll never get bored at the place... I was there a few years ago..

san diego,ca
Level Contributor
117 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kid Friendly resort never have been to myrtle beach

I have 6 teenagers, 14-18. What resort would you reccomend?