We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stay at Dunes Village or Springmaid Beach Resort?

acworth
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Should I stay at Dunes Village or Springmaid Beach Resort?

I am trying to decide which of these resorts to stay at, and one is $200 more (not a lot)...but ya know ever little bit counts. The Springmaid Beach resort looks as south as you can get on Myrtle, and the other is a little north of there. Both have lots to do for kids and lazy rivers, onsite restaurants, pools in and out, but just not sure. Any advice? Thanks!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
859 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I stay at Dunes Village or Springmaid Beach Resort?

Don't really like the area around Springmaid. And Dunes Village has two little indoor water parks that kids love.

It's a no-brainer. I would choose Dunes Village in a heartbeat.

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I stay at Dunes Village or Springmaid Beach Resort?

Springmaid is a a great location. It is at the VERY south end of Ocean Blvd. it is a great bang for your buck place. It is kind of secluded to itself. If you want a clean place with some decent water amenities then I would choos Springmaid. If you want a all the water amenities for the $$$ the Dune Villages.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I stay at Dunes Village or Springmaid Beach Resort?

I love the location of Springmaid - very secluded. It's a clean, well--run place and the fishing pier is fun. Dunes Village is in a relatively quiet area on Myrtle Beach (it's a residential area on one side). It's a much busier resort. Also clean and well-run. The big attraction there is the indoor water parks which are great if you have children that will use them. Folks like that option in rainy weather and for breaks from the 'fun in the sun' on the beach. It's according to what you want.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,372 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I stay at Dunes Village or Springmaid Beach Resort?

Springmaid's location is all that has been said, but it also happens to almost align with the nearby airport's runway, so you will have to factor in some jet noise. Maybe not a dealkiller, just letting you know.

And DV is quite a bit north of there, a whole different area, but also nice and not hemmed in around other properties.

Edited: 20 July 2013, 16:32
5. Re: Should I stay at Dunes Village or Springmaid Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:17