We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Winery

We always find a winery to go to on vacation. Which is better Carolina Vineyard or Boardwalk Winery? I know they are sister shops and in different locations. Thanks.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery

Boardwalk Winery is at Broadway at the Beach. Guess it's a winery, but not a vineyard. They have tastings and make wine, but don't grow grapes. Carolina Vineyard grows grapes, specialty is sweet wines. Another option is La Belle Aime vineyard in North Myrtle. That region can really only produce the muscadine (sweet) grapes, so that's mostly what you will get. I can't say that I would recommend one over the other as I've only been to the tastings at Boardwalk.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,264 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery

If you don't mind a drive north just over the NC line try Silver Coast Winery. It's a more traditional winery with good dry wines. Also in NMB is La belle ami. We haven't tried Boardwalk yet. plan that to do that in Sept but am thinking it's just a store front type like Carolina.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winery

Dont want to hurt anyone's feelings but I hated La Belle Ami. The tour was terrible as there was nothing to see just the owner talking nonsense.Been to many tastings but never to one that acted like they were doing you a favor when you asked for another taste.

4. Re: Winery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:19