We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter

3 posts
Save Topic
Winter

I'm a teacher. I enjoy my breaks because I don't miss any days; knock on wood. I'm looking to escape in Dec. from 27-30. What is a great place to stay at that has an indoor pool and bar? And does anyone have any advice on winter vacations in MB? I love MB because of the laid back atmosphere, location, and being a tourist destination.

3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter

?

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter

If I were coming in winter I would want a really nice place...and nice indoor pool. Look at Marriotts at Grand Dunes. Gorgeous place. Maybe not close to anything to walk to, but an easy drive. Might look at Avista Resort in North Myrtle Beach, which is a very close walk to Main St. Not sure what all will be open that time of year..and those that are open might have shorter hours. Anderson Ocean Club and Spa or Island Vista are also great hotels. (Anderson being closer to resturants and boardwalk)

Be patient in waiting for responses (especially when you post in the middle of the night) Seems like this time of year the forums are not as busy as they are in say Spring or early Summer.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter

We've gone to Myrtle Beach the week after Christmas for the last 10 years. We've stayed all over town (all areas). Plenty of good deals on lodging - most things are open. We like the area north from 29th Ave (the Caribbean up to about 79th Ave (Island Vista). There are plenty of good resorts in that area and it has a more 'residential' feel to it if you like walking the beach to get some sunshine. We've stayed at the Caribbean, The Caravelle, and Beach Colony and liked them all.

4. Re: Winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2014, 06:23