We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

50ish couple getting away for 2 days (Thur-Fri) in September for our 25th anniversary before spending the weekend with friends in Murrell's Inlet. Suggestions on where to stay? Want oceanfront, nice views, good food. Willing to spend a bit extra for our anniversary.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

I'd suggest Island Vista, Grande Dunes or Anderson Ocean Club for a special anniversary weekend. They all get good reviews as 'Romantic' resorts in Myrtle Beach.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

Also take a look at Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation. Nice large suite rooms with great ocean views that come with breakfast. The hotel also has a very good/romantic oceanfront restaurant called Vintage Twelve.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,606 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

I agree with ncpats recommendations. Grande Dunes is a Marriott place and just gorgeous. I have stayed at Island Vista..very nice place! Also look at North Beach Plantation. Have fun..and congrats!

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

Island Vista is a very nice resort. I would also look at the Anderson with the major advantage being you will be able to walk to many restaurants, Bars and attractions. You will not be able to do that from island Vista but I believe IV is a somewhat nicer.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

Thanks for all your suggestions. I appreciate it.

As of right now, IV has no one bedrooms available.

From what I saw, Marriott Grand Dunes is not ocean front? Is that true?

Last I looked Anderson does have rooms available - I will go back and check.

I'll look at North Beach Plantation. I think I did already - they are starting to blur together.

And I'll look at the Embassy Suites. Is it a typical Embassy Suites?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

Embassy suites is a nice resort with a kiddie waterpark right next to it and preety isolated there is little to walk to. I would try the others first. The Anderson does have a day spa onsite.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

Any thoughts on Avista?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,326 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

No the Embassy Suites in MB is not typical. It is part of Kingston Plantation, which also has a Hilton hotel, 5 condo towers and a bunch of cottages. The hotels and condos face a 1/2 mile private beach and the cottages are surrounded by lakes and live oaks with picturesque walking paths. All the hotels and condo towers are connected by a waterfront boardwalk. Hotel guests may use any of the resort pools and have access to the on-site sport & health club. Both the hotel pools have outdoor food service with tiki bars. There are also four restaurants at the resort and a day spa at the Hilton. The resort is close to restaurant row and Barefoot Landing and only a mile away from the Tanger Outlet Mall.

We have been coming to MB for well over 20 years and Kingston is our favorite place to relax and enjoy the beach.

Reading, PA
Level Contributor
110 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

Also...I tried calling Island Vista last night and finally left a message for a call back. I've never heard back from them. Is that typical?

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,411 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 25th Anniversary Getaway in mid-September

The Avista is in North MB and is further removed . Mid Sept is the best time to be in MB and crowds are not a problem. With that in mind there is less reason to isolate onself when you can stay in very nice resorts either within walking distance to many restaurants, bars and attractions or a very short drive from them. All the places you have mentioned are fine resorts it's really a matter of location. Call IV again because it's the nicest resort on your list followed by the Anderson. good luck

Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach