We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will hotel match another hotel's rate for comparable room?

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, NC
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Will hotel match another hotel's rate for comparable room?

It's almost fall, which means it's time for my annual trip to Myrtle. I'm traveling solo and I'd really like to stay at the same hotel I stayed at last year, which is the Sandy Beach Resort. I know what to expect there and I like the location. But I've been looking at other places just for the heck of it, and I've found a couple of others that are around $30 cheaper for the total stay than Sandy Beach, for what is basically the same room. $30 may not be that much, but it's enough to pay for a couple of meals or a tank of gas (almost). Do you think Sandy Beach would match another hotel's price if I mentioned it while booking or do they stick to their online rates?

Rock Hill
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will hotel match another hotel's rate for comparable room?

I would call and ask. All that they will tell you is no. Many places have better phone rates in the off season though than the online listed rates.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will hotel match another hotel's rate for comparable room?

Yes, just call and ask. If they can't match, maybe they can upgrade you..or throw in vouchers for the restaurant (if there is one on-site) I would think this time of year, since it's is not as crowded, they would do anything to get business.

3. Re: Will hotel match another hotel's rate for comparable room?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19