We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local dives

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
local dives

Hey I'm wanting to know where a few local dives are. We've done the tourist stuff but id like to eat at a place that is just good without all the advertisement on billboards and coupon books. Type of food doesnt matter we love everything! Also, any good bars around town? Thanks!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,648 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local dives

Russell's in Murrells Inlet. http://www.russellsseafoodgrill.com/

Nibils http://www.nibilsrestaurant.com/

South Carolina
Level Contributor
127 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local dives

I think the concensus is that anyplace good, is not a secret, but there are plenty of un-advertised, unpretentious places. We like the Wreck of the Richard and Charlene in mt. Pleasant. Big Johns in downtown is a classic dive bar, IMO.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local dives

Cafe Old Vienna, Thai Cuisienne, Ciao ,Hamburger Joes in North Myrtle

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
151 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local dives

Sun City Cafe

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: local dives

I love Peaches and Sam's Corner. Both are well known but have been there forever and don't change. Peaches is best enjoyed in the summer I feel when it's hot but you can go there anytime but in the Winter months they aren't open as much. Sam's is open 24 hours and have some of the best foot long hot dogs I've ever eaten. Peaches is good too but I like Sam's just a little better.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: local dives

Here's a secret with vacationers but not with golfers. The restaurant at Legends Golf Resort serves up a very good lunch menu in a nice setting.The pulled pork sandwich is excellent.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: local dives

Crab Catchers on the water in Little River has some great fried shrimp.

8. Re: local dives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations