We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on hotels NMB and Pawleys Island area

Which Myrtle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Suggestions on hotels NMB and Pawleys Island area

Will be visiting NMB and Murrells Inlet area week of October 21.

Checking the area for relocation so want to stay in a couple different locations.

Suggestions would be appreciated on nice, safe hotels reasonable price.

We want to explore the area as "locals;" checking out stores etc. for everyday living.

Of course we want to toss in some "fun" activities too. Brookgreen, walk on the beach etc.

Thank you,

Wilkesboro, North...
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on hotels NMB and Pawleys Island area

You should be able to do walk ins for rooms during that time. I would stay on the beach simply because it's so cheap this time of year. You could pay anywhere from $42 a night to $150 depending on where you want to stay. A friend of mine got a room at Ocean Creek in NMB 2 weeks ago for $42 a night. This is an excellent price. She may have gotten a AAA or AARP rate. It was a for a 3 bedroom ocean view condo. Ocean Creek is an older condo complex near North Beach Plantation. North Beach is nice but I think it's too expensive for this time of year unless you want to stay at place that's only a year or two old and has more pools, etc. I'd stay at Litchfield Beach if you want to be near Murrells Inlet for the other part of your trip. Huve fun and Good Luck!!!

Clarksville...
Level Contributor
139 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on hotels NMB and Pawleys Island area

Try beach colony resort. It is in the northern end of MB (around 52nd ave). We are going there in a couple of weeks and got a 2 bdrm condo for $60/night. Can you say CHEAP!!!! They have rooms starting at $39 this time of yr. It is a really nice area and just a few minute drive from NMB. Good Luck!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on hotels NMB and Pawleys Island area

Beach Colony is a nice hotel in a safe area. We've stayed there many times and would recommend it. It's at the north end of 'The Golden Mile' - primarily a residential area, so very little traffic.

Georgetown, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on hotels NMB and Pawleys Island area

For suggestions on the south end (Murrells Inlet, Pawleys Island, Litchfield, Georgetown) the area's website that has all listed together is http://hammockcoastsc.com/places-to-stay/

I love the Oceanfront Litchfield Inn and in the off-season it's very reasonable. Also, lots of the vacation rental houses have great specials and step down rates this time of year.

5. Re: Suggestions on hotels NMB and Pawleys Island area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 05:17