We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

oceanfront condo for august

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Topic
oceanfront condo for august

we are 2 adults and 2 adult children (early 20's) and looking for an oceanfront condo for a week in August. Any suggestions. Would like to be be within walking distance to restaurants and nightlife but will have a car so we are flexible...want a nice beach. Thanks

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: oceanfront condo for august

If you would like to within walking distance and yet still a little removed from the crowds check out The Breakers, Best Western Carolinian, Dayton House, Camelot, Anderson Club and my favorite The Caribbean. They will all allow you to wealk to many restaurants, bars, and attractions and you are 1.5 miles from Broadway at the Beach which is the #1 attraction in MB.

Mentioned in this post
Broadway at the Beach
Broadway at the Beach
7,373 Reviews
Myrtle Beach, SC
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: oceanfront condo for august

Great suggestions from lenk58. Plenty of good options. If you want to look directly out on the ocean, book a unit that says 'oceanfront' (vs ocean view). It's worth it.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: oceanfront condo for august

Any suggestions on a condo at carribean. That is the place that has interested me the most so far. Can u rent from owners and if do how? Or do I just call the resort. Thank u.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
10,389 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: oceanfront condo for august

There are a few listed on VRBO.

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…caribbean

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,487 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: oceanfront condo for august

You can do either, however, if you rent from an owner and have any problems you have to deal directly with that owner to get the matter resolved. You won't get the same maid service and you would want to see the quailty of the unit because all units on their rental program have to meet certain standard for example even though the Cayman tower is 6 years old they wanted 2 wing chairs replaced the entire unit repainted and new artwork. This year they want new carpets anda new living room couch installed. I happen to own a unit at the Caribbean and I don't rent directly because The Caribbean has one of the best onsite management compnies in MB. You may save a little money but only you can decide if it's worth it.

Edited: 06 November 2013, 21:00
Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: oceanfront condo for august

Have had good experiences with VRBO but would probably go with renting through the resort during the busy season. Lots of turnover of units at that time of year with a higher likelihood of issues with the unit. Having an on site maintenance staff has been a major difference in some places we've stayed. Plumbing leaks were fixed within the hour, no problems with our vacation at all! If you do look seriously at VRBO units, get some specifics on who will be handling 'issues' with the unit if they do arise. Some owners have good local maintenance folks - not all do. Either way, I think you'll be happy at the Caribbean.

7. Re: oceanfront condo for august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2014, 05:17