We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Myrtle Beach

Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Flights to Myrtle Beach

Hi there,

I will be travelling to Myrtle Beach towards the end of March 2014. I will be flying out of Edmonton, Alberta Canada. I've been watching flights for about 3 weeks and when I first started I could find a return flight for about $550 an now the cheapest I can find is around $800. Should I just book the $800 and assume that prices are only going up from here? Or will the prices come down once the plane is at capacity and they open up a new flight? I don't travel to the US very often so I have no experience with how the pricing works. I am confident when to book a trip to Mexico but this is different for me and I can't believe how much the price went up in a couple of weeks.

I would very much appreciate any advice. Thanks so much and happy travelling to all:)

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
687 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

Unfortunately, there is no certainty in predicting airfares. They also don't work on the premise that if they fill a flight they just open another one. Based on the info you haven given, I would probably wait awhile and hope they come back down. Since your still 4 months away from flight time there is still plenty of time. I'm also sure others will say book it now and have the certainty.

Bethpage NY
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

I would also wait and see if they offer a special as time gets closer.

Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

I think I will wait a bit more and see what happens. Like you both said, there is never any certainty until you are booked:)

Toronto
Level Contributor
285 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

You also look into flying into Charlotte, Raleigh, Charleston or Wilmington, all within 1-3 hours drive of Myrtle Beach. Sometimes the prices at these locations make the drive worthwhile.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,350 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

That's very true! I just looked at flying into Raleigh or Charlotte, NC from Edmonton. They were $200 - $300 cheaper than flying into Myrtle Beach. An easy 3 hour drive from either city. (and you WILL need a car in Myrtle Beach anyway!) Charleston, SC prices were the same as flying into MB. Pricey!

Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

I was checkin that out too. But I am going to visit and stay with people there so I won't need a car. Maybe I can rent one to drive just to Myrtle Beach and back to the airport. I should have booked a few weeks ago when I seen it was only $587 right to Myrtle Beach. Oh well...it is my first time travelling there so I will know better for next time and there will definitely be a next time since the people I am visiting have decided to make Myrtle Beach their winter spot between Nov and April. I will just keep an eye out and see if anything pops. If not...then I pay what I have to pay and learn for the next time...lol!!!!!

Concord, NH
Level Contributor
23 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

I've had good results finding flights through kayak.com -- they may even have a "watch" feature that will email you if the price goes down, as do Travelocity and Expedia.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,972 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

Similar suggestion as the flying to larger airport and driving last leg.

Might crunch numbers flying to larger airport like Boston, Newark, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati.....Then a smaller airline like Spirit from there to MB.

9. Re: Flights to Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:18